Injury Report: Matthews out minimum three weeks with knee sprain

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Hopefully just 3 weeks. With the all star game he doesn’t miss too much. Good chance to move up holmberg and see what he can do with more ice time.

Reactions: fahad203

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I remember seeing him fall awkwardly during the rangers game and was slow to get up so wonder if that was it.

Weve been surprisingly good without him in the lineup and were playing some real dog poo teams so better to rest up now.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
The tweet literally says it's from the Rangers game.
I probably should rephrase:

Where in the rangers game did he seem to have sprained his knee, because I don’t think he missed time in the game, unless he played through it which is possible

they put barkov in, so lame
Unfortunately nylander won’t get in

Tavares has a higher chance of being there than he does. Idk why but it is what it is

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That does suck but at the same time it may not cost him many games.

They have 3 games before the all star break then they are off for 9 or 10 days.

That means they have 3 games in about 2 weeks, then they have 2 against Columbus, then they have another 3 or 4 days off so if It's 3 weeks that's 5 games.

It's never a a good time to get injured but if It's going to happen this is the ideal time because they barely play the next 3 weeks

Reactions: kb

genk

Nov 15, 2015
I really don’t think this is a big deal at all. Matthews is battling a few injuries and it gives him time to fully recover from it all before the playoffs. It’s not like the Leafs were going to overtake Boston for 1st in the league anyway.

Reactions: kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad