Line Combos: Matthews out and Brooks claimed-who's playing Center for the Maple Leafs?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Kerfoot has been good for literally a handful of games in his Leafs career at center. The rest of the time he's shuffled around and been a decent energy player with no defined identity, so I wouldn't say having him has been significant in any way.

Playing wing on the 2nd line is at least a promotion from 3C. Third line winger would be the slight demotion/downgrade in my view. I wouldn't be against replacing him at some point but can't say for certain that a number of suitable replacements exist that are easily attainable.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Playing wing on the 2nd line is at least a promotion from 3C. Third line winger would be the slight demotion/downgrade in my view. I wouldn't be against replacing him at some point but can't say for certain that a number of suitable replacements exist that are easily attainable.

It’s hard to know where the free agency dollars line up year to year for various positions, etc. But seeing what the Leafs did with Kampf, Kase, Bunting and Amadio that $3.5 million could either give them a nice little Moneyball budget to get more guys or re-sign some of our pending UFAs.

Reactions: Buds17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad