Line Combos: Matthews out and Brooks claimed-who's playing Center for the Maple Leafs?

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Once the 3 game extended exhibition schedule is over and we start playing teams other than weak sisters Montreal and Ottawa...

Matthews
Tavares
Kerfoot
Kampf

Reactions: ottomaddox

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I think Kampf will be given a chance to centre a 3rd line for an extended look.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Bunting Tavares HoSang
Ritchie Nylander Marner
Kerfoot Kampf Kase
Engvall Spezza Simmonds

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They lack depth but surely they just can slot Kerfoot in with Marner and wont have to remake the entire lineup for the first game.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Tavares line 1
Kerfoot line 2
Kampf line 3
Amadio Line 4

?

the horror whatever will we do? Come on, friend, name me a team that can lose its #1 and not look weaker. And having JT as our top C?…not the worst look in the league.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Tavares line 1
Kerfoot line 2
Kampf line 3
Amadio Line 4

?

If Suzuki was hurt MTL would be running

Dvorak
Evan's
Brooks/paquette/drouin if they moved him over
Paquette/brooks

If Bergeron was hurt BOS would run

Coyle
Stud
Haula
Nosek

Tampa losing Point I imagine they run Stamkos at C? Not ideal for them but not sure what else they could do.

Stamkos(?)
Cirelli
Colton
Bellemare

Florida losing Barkov

Bennett
Lundell
Thornton
???

Basically - the Leafs C depth matches up well against anyone in the division frankly. They have more question marks on the wing - where if you lose one of WN/MM - the talent dropoff is obviously quite larger.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
If there was ever a time to try Nylander at C it's when he's running high on confidence and there's no existing lines being broken up by it.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Once again, Kerfoot comes in handy. They kept this guy while getting rid of Kapanen and Johnsson for a reason, and we're seeing that again now. Our C depth needs a guy like Kerfoot who can sub in the top 6 wherever he's needed. Kerf is very versatile. No problem with him as the #2 center for a week or so.

Glad he's still on the team after all the trade talk and expansion. He's a valuable player.

Reactions: Buds17

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Once again, Kerfoot comes in handy. They kept this guy while getting rid of Kapanen and Johnsson for a reason, and we're seeing that again now. Our C depth needs a guy like Kerfoot who can sub in the top 6 wherever he's needed. Kerf is very versatile. No problem with him as the #2 center for a week or so.

Glad he's still on the team after all the trade talk and expansion. He's a valuable player.

Johnsson is a total write off and Kapanen fetched a 1st round pick and a blue chip prospect but I think hockey wise having Kap over Kerf would still be better for the Leafs.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Johnsson is a total write off and Kapanen fetched a 1st round pick and a blue chip prospect but I think hockey wise having Kap over Kerf would still be better for the Leafs.

Could be. He'd definitely score more than Kerf. Though he was always plagued by poor underlying numbers too.

Kappy's contract is up this year, fwiw.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

Kerfoot's ability to play centre and the team having Marner and Nylander at RW are significant in this case though.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kerfoot's ability to play centre and the team having Marner and Nylander at RW are significant in this case though.

Kerfoot has been good for literally a handful of games in his Leafs career at center. The rest of the time he's shuffled around and been a decent energy player with no defined identity, so I wouldn't say having him has been significant in any way.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00