Post-Game Talk: Matthews makes history and Leafs send Dubas one step closer to the golf course

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Dejected Dubas has always been the best Dubas.

So not playing a rested Crosby in overtime?

My guess Dubas was more angry than dejected.

1712669977112.png

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
One more year at his retained amount.

What is a 32 year old McCabe going to be, 4.5 * X?
Good question.

It's not like a lot of Leafs take discounts, unless they are 35+.

If McCabe likes it here, I would hope he would come back around 3 for a 3 year deal

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
That is the best part, it may spell the golf course for Pitts. I have a better feeling about Detroit maybe upsetting a top seed. Pitts will lose first round. Need to beat NJ to move 1 pt within Florida. Home advantage would be nice.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
That is the best part, it may spell the golf course for Pitts. I have a better feeling about Detroit maybe upsetting a top seed. Pitts will lose first round. Need to beat NJ to move 1 pt within Florida. Home advantage would be nice.

Not sure I am excited about home ice considering how last playoffs went on home ice. It’s nice only when you actually win your home games. If you just drop damn near all of them, then it doesn’t really matter.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Not sure I am excited about home ice considering how last playoffs went on home ice. It’s nice only when you actually win your home games. If you just drop damn near all of them, then it doesn’t really matter.
Considering how Florida was firing on all cylinders, for us to over take them, I think it does put some doubt in their minds and makes us believe even more they're beatable. Perhaps I'm over stating, but it sure takes away this Florida "juggernaut" sense, even pushing them here is good.

Last edited:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I kind of feel like Pit would give the Rangers a run. Just for the fact Crosby knows this might be the last kick at the can if he decides to retire a Penguin.

Too old of a core I believe to go deep, but I do think Crosby, Malkin and Letang can go hard for one series and turn back the clock.

I don't think they make it though so this was a pointless post. Lol

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Considering how Florida was firing on all cylinders, for us to over take them, I think it does put some doubt in their minds and makes us believe even more they're bearable. Perhaps I'm over stating, but it sure takes away this Florida "juggernaut" sense, even pushing them here is good.
Listening to some of Maurice's comments lately, I think they are just playing out the string and maybe don't care all that much about home ice.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Considering how Florida was firing on all cylinders, for us to over take them, I think it does put some doubt in their minds and makes us believe even more they're beatable. Perhaps I'm over stating, but it sure takes away this Florida "juggernaut" sense, even pushing them here is good.

Florida isn’t firing on all cylinders. 3-5-2 in their last 10 and Ekblad and Verhaeghe are not healthy until the playoffs start.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
What else is he going to say? I never take stuff like that at face value to the media.
For sure it should all be taken with a grain of salt, but I can see Florida losing most of its remaining games as they sit guys out. I think they will lose to Ottawa tonight, who may have a touch of pride after getting levelled by Florida last week.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I understand that's what you believe. Even if that is 100% factual, you would still want the Leafs to win in spite of that. Not be happy they failed so you could say you were right
I didn’t like his vision for what the NHL should look like and glad he wasn’t rewarded early in his tenor, and was forced to change his outlook.

Reactions: Jojalu

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I prefer staring on the road, less pressure. Either way, I think they can beat Florida or Boston, if the big boys show up

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

I can definitely agree with that view point, no doubt.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Considering how Florida was firing on all cylinders, for us to over take them, I think it does put some doubt in their minds and makes us believe even more they're bearable. Perhaps I'm over stating, but it sure takes away this Florida "juggernaut" sense, even pushing them here is good.

Last year, if we recall Bobrovski was on a historic high, that lasted until the finals.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Last year, if we recall Bobrovski was on a historic high, that lasted until the finals.
He was the reason they beat Toronto and Carolina, but the first round win was more due to Boston and its goaltending crumbling.

Darch

Jun 30, 2009
Fun game to watch. Glad the Pens got the loser point, and hope Sid makes it to the playoffs. He's been going beast mode lately.

Was nice to see AM34 keep pace towards 70. Another hat trick to make things simpler on all of us would be welcomed.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

This year the Panthers are using Bob heavily to wrap up the season whereas last year Alex Lyon carried them in down the stretch and played the first half of the Boston series… Stolarz is low key great as well but they aren’t replicating the ideal conditions for Bob and I think that’s a major factor.

So if Bob isn’t rested, coming in after the Panthers have been hot down the stretch their chemistry might be very different. My hope is a lot of teams just can’t replicate perfect Cinderella runs one year after the next. Look at the 2020 Dallas Stars or the Islanders after 2021 or 2022. Or the Montreal Canadiens after 2021. Florida’s a great team, but great teams lose every year in the first round too.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
If Auston scores 1 more, there are no players in the league now who have ever scored as many goals in a season as him. That's a thing.

Reactions: fahad203

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad