Speculation: Matthews line with a powerforward. Who?

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
We don't agree on Bergeron being a powerforward like you said he was. I just want to understand how someone thinks the way you do. I know for the rest of us we watch what actually happens on the ice and form opinions, but it's clear that's not what you do. Maybe your way of believing things is better and I'm not taking advantage of it.

Maybe I'm the dumb one for not believing someone gathered signatures, pressured sponsors, and created special interest groups to have the title of the dumbest thread on the board changed.

It's clear you do not want to understand me.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I disagree. Why does it work? Because it follows all the possession numbers worth bragging about? What about the team? What about wins? Maybe one line works, but what about the team? I do see your point, but can we be better? Can this line that works do well against teams in the playoffs? Can there be a better balance? I say no. Not yet anyway.

If you have the Matthews line, reconstitute the Tavares line and have a 3rd line of Mikheyev Kerfoot Kapanen your going to have one of the best top 9's in the game

That's balance

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
That'd be huge. Forgot about him. Pricey though. Any deal for him will be requiring Nylander. Which then totally changes that top line. Id want a reassurance that he resigns too otherwise it's a waste for us. Even from a salary standpoint it'd have to be Nylander going the other way. Someone would get a promotion to the top line RW. Mikheyev has played his off wing in the KHL.
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Kreider-Matthews-Mikheyev
Johnsson-Kerfoot-Kapanen
Timashov-Gauthier-Moore

Makes us grittier but comes at a big price. Matthews might miss Willy more than he'd miss a guy like AJ being dealt for something around Coleman/Crouse/Ritchie

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Mikheyev Matthews Nylander
Hyman Tavares Marner
I agree with this. Followed by Johnsson-Kerfoot-Kapanen. I think AJ will do better against lesser matchups, similar to what Kapanen has been able to do since getting off the Tavares-Marner line. I think that adds the best balance with what we have currently

Reactions: LeafSteel

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Read the OP and was WTF....

Saw who the OP poster was and then it all made sense....

Waiting for the lock, please.

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
I know Babcock is obviously going to go back to the Hyman - Tavares - Marner line when he can, but I'd like to see him go further back, and try Hyman with Matthews & Nylander, and then throw Johnsson up with the other combination. Maybe it would work, maybe not...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad