Matthews injuries and Marner/ Nylander struggles blessing in disguise for leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allnite78

Feb 9, 2012
at first I was disappointed in the injury/struggles for the leafs young guns. But now that the team seems to at least be a playoff team with out the youngsters flying I am excited because now we can get them cheaper and the salary cap is going up next year.

anyone agree or do you think they will all still get big deals (Maybe Matthews).

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think the Leafs should be fine, Matthews is with them on this road trip so he should be back soon. Their victory yesterday probably will get them going again.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
at first I was disappointed in the injury/struggles for the leafs young guns. But now that the team seems to at least be a playoff team with out the youngsters flying I am excited because now we can get them cheaper and the salary cap is going up next year.

anyone agree or do you think they will all still get big deals (Maybe Matthews).

I think this is a Leaf board topic. I'm not sure why so many of my fellow Leafs fans feel the main board is theirs to spam with every Leaf topic.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
It could give them incentive to try other things or experiment with personnel the way Boston did when they had 6 or 7 of their top 9 forwards injured at once. Now Boston has used that time to try their rookies in top 6 roles and guys like Debrusk and Heinen really benefited from it and now they are really helping the team. I have my doubts about whether they would have been given the same opportunities if it weren't for the injuries. TO could use this time to get some others in the mix and get them some experience playing in the top 6. In the long run it could make a difference.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I think this is a Leaf board topic. I'm not sure why so many of my fellow Leafs fans feel the main board is theirs to spam with every Leaf topic.

I sometimes feel the same way but a non Leaf fan who wants to start a thread about something to do with the Leafs is probably going to start a thread on the main board and I think that is fine. I don't know if this guy is a Leaf fan or not, but I am ok with this thread either way and I'm not a Leaf fan.

Reactions: bukwas

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I sometimes feel the same way but a non Leaf fan who wants to start a thread about something to do with the Leafs is probably going to start a thread on the main board and I think that is fine. I don't know if this guy is a Leaf fan or not, but I am ok with this thread either way and I'm not a Leaf fan.
Let the mods handle it, IMO. I guarantee the majority of people that cry about whether a thread should/shouldn't be on the main boards never once have actually reported the thread to have it moved.

Allnite78

Feb 9, 2012

I actually am a leaf fan, I never really post I just like to read posts and see what people think.

I posted on the mainboard to see what others think, I already know what leaf fans think. I guess I ignore threads I am not interested in so thought others would do the same.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
It doesn't make a difference for Matthews, no matter what, i'd say he's getting more than Eichel, based off of last season.

It could potentially help them out with Marner/Nylander though no question. At the same time though, you have to wonder if last year is the norm for them, or if this is closer to the type of production we should expect.

Allnite78

Feb 9, 2012
It doesn't make a difference for Matthews, no matter what, i'd say he's getting more than Eichel, based off of last season.

It could potentially help them out with Marner/Nylander though no question. At the same time though, you have to wonder if last year is the norm for them, or if this is closer to the type of production we should expect.

you are right, but for sake of argument lets say they will get better and this is a sophomore slump year.

as for Matthews, I guess it's true he doesn't have to sign next year.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
that's the thing they would be stupid not to take adv of a down year.

The player and his agent have just as much of a voice.
They'll attempt to take advantage, you'd be stupid not to, but chances are as a group they wait til the next year or two to get something done "long term".

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Believe it or not Marner and nylander are not all that far off last years pace through 35 games. Matthews was higher. The big step didn’t happen and the idea that Nylander is going to get 8 million that was floated
Here has sailed.

Allnite78

Feb 9, 2012
LOL I think anytime someone posts about the leafs, the obligatory "keep it on the leafs board" should be included in the template for posting. that way you can save them the trouble.

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
This Belongs in the Trade Forums.

In a dream scenario. I wish for Matthews 8X8

Marner/Nylander 6X8

But Realistically it will be around 1M higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad