Injury Report: Matthews day to day

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
That’s good news to hear. He needs to get in some games before the playoffs begin, not for individual awards, but so that he feels ready and doesn’t have to play catch-up after missing a number of games.

I guess that proves that his injury wasn’t anything that was overly serious, I probably overreacted like several others did, but can you really blame us?

Individual goals and awards aren’t what’s important here, but I’m not going to get upset if he scores 60 goals, that would be a nice little consolation prize.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Glad he is back. It''s all aboit the playoffs this year, this hasn't changed. Just remain healthy.

I'm almost as worried about Muzzin though. He is stikknout. If he is 100% and plays as he can come playoffs, it's a huge boon to our defensive pairings.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Glad he is back. It''s all aboit the playoffs this year, this hasn't changed. Just remain healthy.

I'm almost as worried about Muzzin though. He is stikknout. If he is 100% and plays as he can come playoffs, it's a huge boon to our defensive pairings.
Muzzin, Sandin and Kase are all wildcards. I actually think the most impactful return could be Sandin, could make for some excellent pairings:

Rielly - Brodie
Gio - Lily
Sandin - Holl

Muzzin, if he’s back and playing like he was last year, would be an incredible add. But this year, he’s been nowhere close to the player he was before. I wouldn’t play 2021/22 Muzzin over any of the above players.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Pumped to hear Mathews is playing. Hopefully he is back to his Hart self and fully recovered. Secure home ice and then sink the State of Florida in maple syrup in May.

Reactions: saffronleaf

riffle

Mar 17, 2022
East of Eden
Great news that he's back, I think. Can't help but think of the Chinese farmer. :) Maybe.

We'll never know if he would've been shutdown had they won in Tampa. I sincerely hope whatever is going on with his body is being treated exactly the same way regardless of precariousness of 2nd seed.

riffle

Mar 17, 2022
East of Eden
was keefe swaying in the pregame presser?
I don't know, I was captured by this portion of the beginning of it. Staff wanted to give him the night off but Auston wanted to play. So many implications in this little comment. Does this mean Auston didn't want to play in the other games and was on the same page with management? Tonight, they aren't on the same page, and Auston decides when he's playing and not management?

Hard to unravel all this but, to me, it seems they had no intention of playing him until the Caps game, but he said he wanted to go, tonight, and they changed course. Makes it sound, to me, they knew there was no way he was playing vs. Tampa, yet, games before that they made it sound like he might return knowing he wouldn't.

Attachments

• messages_0 (20).mp4
    943.1 KB

Darth Menace

Apr 14, 2016
I know this isn't the place but I have rarely been able to see any PGT since the new forums. I don't have anyone blocked. Is there a mod I can message?

Thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad