Matthews 4 point night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
You're going to get a lot of hate for this, but to answer your question, I do think he has a better chance at 100 than most people would think. He at another level this year whether people like it or not.

Reactions: authentic

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
He’s looked insane to start the season that’s for sure. Like a lot of people have said for a while, his usage was never conducive to putting up a bunch of points. Now that he’s put in more of a position to put up some points, he should get some more recognition. Matthews was almost this good last year and people pointed his points to suggest he wasn’t an elite player. Goes to show how useful points are to evaluate players

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I was going to say - why not a hat trick thread for John too while we're at it.

And low and behold its already there too!

Threads for everyone!

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Why not?

I've seen plenty of other players get threads when they score 4 points in a game.

Of course the rest of HFBoards will hate on the thread because it's about a Leaf.

Because it’s not a feat that is significant in anyway. At least hattricks are recorded, players aren’t known for how many 4 point nights they had.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Since 2 of Matthews points tonight were assists and that's what others on here give him criticism since he's never had 30 assists in one season, I figure this thread is appropriate to mention that.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
It's definitely thread worthy.

8 points in 3 games is probably thread worthy too.

I didn't think he was dominant in Game 1 despite the fact he scored 2 goals, didn't catch Game 2, but today he was dominant every shift he was out there.

His numbers are probably inflated by a 50% SH, but it does seem like he might put up some numbers this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad