News Article: Matthew Wuest, CAPGEEK founder, Dies

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Rest in Peace
Thanks for the brilliant work with Capgeek., which added a impactful dimension to the NHL.

Metro Halifax @metrohalifax
· 9m 9 minutes ago
A humble soul: Matthew Wuest, Metro sports reporter and @CapGeek founder, dies of cancer. http://******/KyQVH

http://metronews.ca/news/halifax/13...-reporter-and-capgeek-founder-dies-of-cancer/

Wuest died during the early morning hours Thursday at Victoria General Hospital in Halifax, wife Melanie Patten by his side, following a two-and-a-half year battle with colon cancer.

Last edited:

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
So sad. :(

I hope at some point someone will be able to continue on his legacy. He did yeoman's work for the league.

37 years old dying of colon cancer. Good God.

Matthew_Wuest_H-1226.jpg

Rest in peace.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
He had a MASSIVE impact on the hockey community. My thoughts are with his family. Unimaginable to die at such a young age. **** cancer.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Thoughts and prayers to his family. That is way to young.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Way too young. Pretty big loss for hockey fans too. There were NHL staff and broadcast announcers that looked at his site on a dime knowing they were getting solid information. Just horrible.

Ron*

If he battled this ****ing cancer for 2 1/2 years, then it is pretty obvious that he shut down CapGeek just recently when he knew the fight was almost over. The puzzling thing for me is Idon't understand why he didn't sell CapGeek in order to provide for his family. He could have probably gotten a significant sum for it.

Ron*

Who's to say he won't.

When he shut the site down, he specifically said he wasn't going to take offers to buy it. I can't remember the exact wording, but he just shut the site down completely. No sale, no transfer of information, nothing.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Admirable of him to do his work so long. Very very sad that he was so young. Hope the best for his family, and I hope that his work ends up in the right hands also benefiting his family.

Also, makes Bettman's remarks about CapGeek look insensitive, not just stupid.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
When he shut the site down, he specifically said he wasn't going to take offers to buy it. I can't remember the exact wording, but he just shut the site down completely. No sale, no transfer of information, nothing.

That doesn't mean he didn't give permission to his family to sell it after his death. Maybe he just didn't want to see his baby sold off while he was a live.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad