Matthew Tkachuk's numbers this year are unbelievable..

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Kid is already playing like an elite 2 way forward..

1st chart:
CF = Corsi, FF = Fenwick, OZ = Ozone starts (only at 34%).

2nd chart:
HDCF (higher is better) and HDCA (lower is better) are less known stats. HDCF = high danger chances for, HDCA = high danger chances against, HDCF % (% of HDCF and HDCA, evaluates the quality of shots a player takes and gives up).

3rd chart:
Calgary players Corsi w/ and without Tkatchuk (CF% column).

Here's a few basic numbers:

D01hRUh.png

Two points behind Calgary's leading scorer (that being said Gaudreau has played fewer games), he also has the 2nd lowest o-zone starts on their team (quite a low number aswell).
He's also 1st in ES points and primary points

http://i.imgur.com/XR3WWpk.png
XR3WWpk.png

57.3 CF% // 9.7 CF% rel // 56.8 FF% // 9.8% FF rel // 34.5% o-zone starts (2nd lowest behind Stajan)

http://i.imgur.com/aBKtUfV.png
aBKtUfV.png

93 HDCF (high danger chance for) // 76 HDCA (high danger chance against) // HDCF% 55.03% (2nd highest on team)

http://i.imgur.com/zBZr1V9.png
zBZr1V9.png

CF% column shows the impact Tkachuk has on his linemates

Last edited:

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Hmm, quite intriguing. I think you need to post more complicated graphs and stat charts to convince me though.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I'm in a fantasy league that includes pim's for scoring. He went undrafted and I snagged him right away on waivers. He's like the 4th ranked player in the league :laugh:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Hmm, quite intriguing. I think you need to post more complicated graphs and stat charts to convince me though.

They're all pretty straightforward and mainstream advanced stats.

1st chart:
CF = Corsi, FF = Fenwick, OZ = Ozone starts (he only has 34%).

2nd chart:
HDCF and HDCA are the less known stats, HDCF = high danger chances for, HDCA = high danger chances against, HDCF % (% of HDCF and HDCA, evaluates the quality of shots a player takes and gives up).

3rd chart:
Calgary players Corsi w/ and without Tkatchuk.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
That entire line has been the bright spot for the flames this year. Backlund and Frolik deserve some credit too. Nonetheless, pretty ridiculous numbers.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Really like him. Thought he was getting side tracked early on trying to be an energy guy instead of the hockey player he can be. Definitely has gotten over that.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Gonna be a star. At this rate he is going to work himself into Calder consideration. He just seems to get better every time I watch him too.

Flamester

Aug 9, 2011
calgary
other than Backlund he is by far the best, most consistent player out there. Its too bad this year is filled with superstar rookies, because if it was any other year he most likely would be the front runner for the Calder trophy.

perronist

Dec 8, 2008
he's first in the league in score and venue adjusted corsi for% relative to team. above bergeron. and it's not like calgary is a horrible possession team anymore. what he's doing is pretty incredible. he's also first on the team in even strength points and tied for first in even strength primary points.

i expected the surliness, his physical game, his agitating, his game beneath the hashmarks, those are relatively easy to scout, but i did not expect his intelligence, poise, and skill. he's always got his head-up and making plays/anticipating/planning. really remarkable player and the best rookie flame out of all of our recent high profile ones.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Most importantly, how are his loose puck recoveries and passes to the slot? :sarcasm:

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I can only hope he's pushing Backlund to new heights rather than the other way around.

Regardless, pumped to have them both.

perronist

Dec 8, 2008
I can only hope he's pushing Backlund to new heights rather than the other way around.

i think it's both, his WOWYs show that everyone improves when they play with him. i would like to see him on a different line sometimes to see if a larger sample size bears that truth too

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
yeah he rocks was hoping the blues would make a deal at the draft to get him somehow considering his name/family

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
LOL

Benning again proving to be completely out his depth when he didn't draft THE BPA

I mean I'm not sure how many GM's don't draft the BPA, but him and Sweeney are the only 2 I can the of

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
I've tried to find holes because it really is hard to believe his numbers. Is he getting sheltered? Nope, quite the opposite. Is he being carried? Doesn't look like it his WOWY is really good.

At some point you just have to call it that this guy is an incredible possession player and has fantastic numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad