Matthew Knies

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Maybe this is one of those supposed moments that Shanahan stepped in and made sure he was picked, and it wasn’t a Dubas pick at all……?

See Dubasites, the pendulum swings both ways….. ;)

****Disclaimer****

This post was for the sole purpose of making some Dubasite’s grind their teeth :)
Luckily Shanny stopped Dubas from trading him to the Hawks for Fleury and Hagel (so the rumour goes), although Hagel has turned into a true lightning player.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Personally, I think it has a little to do with the college -> NHL transition.

In College, they play 40 games a season; primarily if not always on weekends. In the USHL, it's 50 games; presumably also primarily on weekends.

An NHL season is a grind. There is no 4-5 days off to let your body and mind recuperate before the next string of games.

It was absolutely that. Even with preseason and NCAA post season stuff included he's never came.close to hitting 80 games In a single season (and especially when playing against the best players in the world.

Reactions: al secord

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Love his game and how's elevated himself these playoffs to be one of Toronto's most impactful forwards.

But I can't help but think, careful Matthew, you're going to price yourself right out of Toronto on your next contract. Thankfully, that's not a problem for today. Today it's about keeping it going and helping this team push through.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Love his game and how's elevated himself these playoffs to be one of Toronto's most impactful forwards.

But I can't help but think, careful Matthew, you're going to price yourself right out of Toronto on your next contract. Thankfully, that's not a problem for today. Today it's about keeping it going and helping this team push through.
Still on the elc next year, then a 3 year bridge covers the rest of AM's next deal (as long of window as we can count on) and still leaves him RFA I'm pretty sure

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Luckily Shanny stopped Dubas from trading him to the Hawks for Fleury and Hagel (so the rumour goes), although Hagel has turned into a true lightning player.
Wasn't the story that Dubas didn't want to trade Knies, stalling the deal, and that's why KD leaked it?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I thought Shanny nixing it is one of the reasons why Dubie wanted autonomy.

To my understanding nothing has ever been confirmed in terms of which team had requested what assets.

The only thing we do know is that they had at least semi-serious discussions around a bigger deal involving multiple pieces and that it was the Hawks GM was seemingly the one who leaked some of the details to the media (which he later apologized for at the annual GM meeting that year)

Reactions: ToneDog

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Solid player who has a combo of effort and some scoring. IMO, could be a dependable 25g/50pt or 30g/60pt player one day,

Not surprised he was more effective than JT and MM in only 15 min avg TOI in playoffs. He has heart and will drive the net.

horner

May 22, 2007
He is finally realizing how big and strong he us..
Now he is pushing the puck by a dman and chasing him down and hitting him to retrieve the puck .

Reactions: saffronleaf

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
For some reason Keefe didn't play him a lot. Avg of 15 min ice time. Not surprisingly, when he played him about 18 min/games 5-7 Leafs did well. Games 1-4 avg time maybe 12-13 min and Boston won more.

In the regular season he only avg 13 min/game.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad