Speculation: Matthew Knies: Anyone else have this sinking feeling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
I worry that Knies has no intention of ever suiting up for Toronto. His latest interview with Mark McMasters wasn’t all that encouraging.
Knies wouldn’t even confirm that he would join us this spring for our playoff run.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is it true that if he doesn’t sign this season, that he can become a Free agent this August?

Maybe his intention all along was to walk away and choose his own NHL team. If that’s the case do you think we can even trade him? The team we trade him to would need to know he would re-sign. So, with that being said, did we just lose out on our best prospect?

I hope I’m totally out in left field , but after watching that interview, I don’t have any confidence.

Thoughts

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
I worry that Knies has no intention of ever suiting up for Toronto. His latest interview with Mark McMasters wasn’t all that encouraging.
Knies wouldn’t even confirm that he would join us this spring for our playoff run.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is it true that if he doesn’t sign this season, that he can become a Free agent this August?

Maybe his intention all along was to walk away and choose his own NHL team. If that’s the case do you think we can even trade him? The team we trade him to would need to know he would re-sign. So, with that being said, did we just lose out on our best prospect?

I hope I’m totally out in left field , but after watching that interview, I don’t have any confidence.

Thoughts
Knies' favorite player is Matthews. Why would he leave knowing he could possibly have a chance to play with him? Not to mention having the chance to step right into a lineup that is expected to contend for the cup. Plus I think Auston been helping him with his development.

We have yet to see a prospect that doesn't want to be here. We have a ton of money at our disposal, the most access when it comes to facilities, training staff and medical care. There's a reason why we keep getting college free agents to sign here as well as undrafted Canadians and Euros.

Reactions: Oscar Peterson

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

Thoughts
You are wrong, we have his rights until August 2025 as he is not a CHL drafted player.

and no, he'll sign at the end of his season.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

Thoughts

It’s all apart of leverage. I think he wants his Schedule A & B bonuses. He’s going to sign. But he’s definitely playing hard ball for whatever reason. More than anything he probably just wants to win a national championship bad.

Reactions: Menzinger

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

Thoughts
789493CA-A3D9-4ACD-8CCF-A254A56CCFF6.gif

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Thoughts

All of this is absolute nonsense. He doesn't become a ufa this summer. And by his public interviews he's been in constant communication with the Leafs.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Well if he is itching to play in the NHL, he'll have to wait 2 more years if it's not with the Leafs.

Reactions: kb

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Should be kept unless there's a solid long-term option that comes in ready to fill a top-six wing position immediately for us.

Draft picks are one thing but draft-picks that are not only panning out but exceeding draft-slot are even more valuable, and this one is for sure valuable until proven otherwise.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Playing for the leafs = the most exposure and highest payday you’ll ever get out of your first contract.

Ain’t a single player going to duck playing for the leafs at that age…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad