Proposal: Matt Stajan

CalgaryFlames1240

Jul 2, 2011
Windsor
Oh, Matt Stajan is going to cost you big time. He is probably the biggest asset to the team and has been for the last couple of years.

To get him out of our line-up and to get him onto a divisional rivals team you would probably start with something like this.

To Vancouver:

Matt Stajan

To Calgary:

High level prospect
1st round pick
3rd round pick

:sarcasm:

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
The Canucks would probably have to give up Lapierre as a secondary piece in the deal, as Stajan is the only center on the Flames who can win faceoffs reliably (pending Cervenka's debut and how he performs).

Maybe adding Comeau and Higgins to the deal would even it out.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Ill try to give you a serious answer..

We need stajan for the same reason the Canucks would want him. Having said that with Cervenka having been cleared by doctors I could see him being moved for one of the following:

1. A D-man with upside.
2. A Prospect
3. A Similar center, Malhotra would be perfect for us..

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
So who takes faceoffs what happens if Backlund gets hurt? In 10 games and win still haven't sure trade everyone but right now we need Stajan for faceoffs if nothing else.

I'd immediately sign Arnott. There was a time most fans would of taken a 7th for him, if we could get a 2nd in the draft coming up I'd send him packing.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Ill try to give you a serious answer..

We need stajan for the same reason the Canucks would want him. Having said that with Cervenka having been cleared by doctors I could see him being moved for one of the following:

1. A D-man with upside.
2. A Prospect
3. A Similar center, Malhotra would be perfect for us..

You want Lapierre. He's much younger and doesn't have the eye injury in his recent past. Malhotra will retire soon; Lapierre has a whole career ahead of him.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'd immediately sign Arnott. There was a time most fans would of taken a 7th for him, if we could get a 2nd in the draft coming up I'd send him packing.

Not a bad idea but Arnott is a very sheltered player last year seeing over 2 minutes of power play and no pk time I don't see how he fits in the same way Stajan does.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
No we can't trade Stagen unless it yields us a top 50 pick in this draft or a minimum 2nd line center.

Which won't happen. It's a case of worth more to us then in a trade. Which is sad. If we were strong up the middle he would have been gone for a 3rd or 4th pick.

But that ain't the case. And I'm sure if Feaster wanted Arnott, he woul have been at camp.

Simple.

jebus2

Jul 18, 2010
you can have stajan on 2 conditions. 1- do you have an extra bag of pucks? 2 no returnsies. He is all yours

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
I don't want Lapierre on this team, even if he were free.

I'll be honest there was a time when I was the biggest Stajan hater, but since he has been here he has gradually earned my respect. He can take faceoffs, kill penalties and is more responsible in our D-zone than 90% of our other forwards. He may not be a superstar, but he actually adds a lot to our team in areas where we are incredibly thin without him. It would actually be nice to see him have some success here so he can get away from being most fans' scapegoat.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Stajan needs to stick around for now, he is the only center that can win a draw, when your #2 faceoff man is less than 42% you can't afford to get worse on faceoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad