Value of: Matt Roy next contract

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Oh really ? Philly traded Walker with Cal to Avs ?

d456ec7fd8259127219fab38403f4661.gif

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
If I were Staios, I'd offer him 6x6 to play in Ottawa.
He's exactly the defenseman a lot of the Canadian teams need. RHsD that is solid with some offensive upside.

Honestly a 2 year overpayment would be perfect for the Ducks. That way it expires before the summer of pain where they have to sign Zegras, Carlsson, Mintyukov, Zellweger, and Gauthier.

Do you really feel the Ducks, who are not exactly favored by top UFAs, have progressed enough on ice to get a defenseman like that for only two years? And why would he sign there for only two years...he's not 24.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Good to see Yzerman's reasoning for moving Hronek is becoming more clear lol.

Wouldn't be surprised if Detroit looks long and hard at Roy. RHD is a wasteland behind Seider.
A lot of teams have the "RD is a wasteland after..." going on. There is a major shortage of quality RD out there. That should play into Roy's favour here.

He's exactly the defenseman a lot of the Canadian teams need. RHsD that is solid with some offensive upside.
As an Oiler fan, he would be a perfect fit on our 2nd line. I don't anticipate he will choose to sign in Edmonton, but if he did, it would go a long way towards solidfying our blueline top to bottom.

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Roy
Kulak/Broberg - Desharnais (if he re-signs)/Ceci

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Good to see Yzerman's reasoning for moving Hronek is becoming more clear lol.

Wouldn't be surprised if Detroit looks long and hard at Roy. RHD is a wasteland behind Seider.

Roy would loosen up Seider's minutes a lot too, that's excellent for both of them

I don't see a world in which he doesn't end up in Detroit

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

Do you really feel the Ducks, who are not exactly favored by top UFAs, have progressed enough on ice to get a defenseman like that for only two years? And why would he sign there for only two years...he's not 24.
Oh Im not insinuating he should or will. But if he wants to bet on himself the same way Gavrikov and Orlov did then the Ducks have enough cap space to pay him whatever he wants.

He is a perfect fit for the Ducks, like many teams, so Im hoping he really really loves southern California.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Brodie in 2020 summer got 5M x 4 but he was a bit older than Roy and cao was lower

He was a bit better as a player at the time

I think adjusted for cap raise and Brodie being a #2D vs Roy #3D Roy gets:

4 years: x 5.75M

or

5 years x 6.25M

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Oh Im not insinuating he should or will. But if he wants to bet on himself the same way Gavrikov and Orlov did then the Ducks have enough cap space to pay him whatever he wants.

He is a perfect fit for the Ducks, like many teams, so Im hoping he really really loves southern California.
He is good for the Ducks but my point is he wouldn’t choose a 2 year deal with a team like the Ducks.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
He is good for the Ducks but my point is he wouldn’t choose a 2 year deal with a team like the Ducks.
The only way it would make sense would be if other teams are offering around $6 mil per year (let's say 6x6) and the Ducks offer 2 years are $9 mil per year. That would put him at 31 and could probably still sign for 4 years at $5 mil and come out with a little more money. Or if cap goes up, he could sign for more than $5 mil in a couple years and potentially make a lot more. That is also assuming he believes he hasn't peaked yet or can sustain it for a couple years at least. If he severely deteriorates, it could cost him a lot.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

We’d be banking on he likes socal and wants to stay here….. he likes the direction of the team, and honestly I don’t think they are as far off as you are making it seem. Ducks have a ton of cap space and can overpay him a bit.

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
I’ve heard he likes it in LA, but obviously it’s worth fielding offers from teams. He’ll get a lot of calls.

I know myself and other wings fans would like him back in Michigan, but having to re-sign Seider and Raymond makes that seem unlikely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad