Recalled/Assigned: Matt Murray recalled/re-assigned Warsofsky

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There had to have been another transaction involved, otherwise they've got 24 on the active roster...

No they don't, they only have 23 on the roster still. They have:

13 F: Crosby, Hornqvist, Hagelin, Kunitz, Kessel, Cullen, Rust, Kuhnhackl, Sundqvist, Porter, Sheary, Wilson and Plotnikov
7 D: Letang, Dumoulin, Daley, Pouliot, Maatta, Lovejoy and Cole
3 G: Fleury, Zatkoff and Murray

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Listening to theFAN.

FWIW....they mentioned (not sure of the source they are quoting from) but they stated that Calgary has called the Pens interested in Matt Murray, and supposedly the Pens said that they "have no interest in moving Murray".

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
WBS in Rochester for game this afternoon, so it was convenient. Wonder if they would have done it otherwise.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Listening to theFAN.

FWIW....they mentioned (not sure of the source they are quoting from) but they stated that Calgary has called the Pens interested in Matt Murray, and supposedly the Pens said that they "have no interest in moving Murray".

Friedman said that yesterday on Sportsnet. I'm glad the Pens said that, the Flames don't have much to offer for Murray.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Listening to theFAN.

And really they shouldn't at this point unless they get an offer that blows them away. Gotta have some other option than Zatkoff at this point.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Listening to theFAN.

Good. The only trade that'd be palatable for the guy is one nobody would have offered.

With Zatkoff regularly crapping the bed Murray is just too important for us, even while MAF's the starter.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Good. The only trade that'd be palatable for the guy is one nobody would have offered.

With Zatkoff regularly crapping the bed Murray is just too important for us, even while MAF's the starter.

Fa sho.

Agreed......on both points. (and with Ron B....just saw his post)

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Listening to theFAN.

Maybe the Flames will be interested in Zatkoff for tanking reasons.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm wondering if they decided to wait on putting Zatkoff on waivers until they knew whether Fleury would be good to play today. It would make sense to wait until tomorrow just in case Fleury was still feeling sick. It wouldn't make a difference for the Cap, since they're already relying on LTIR rules, after all.

The fact that Murray is backing up Fleury in this game would seem to indicate that the Pens have seen enough of Zatkoff. Of course, I've been wrong about these things before...

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
yay moving Murray, but boo moving Warsofsky.

What was his deal? He had a concussion but it wasn't reported til weeks after the fact? Is he still out or did he come back and they sent him down to play in the minors?

I'd take Wasof over Cole 9 times outa 10

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh

What was his deal? He had a concussion but it wasn't reported til weeks after the fact? Is he still out or did he come back and they sent him down to play in the minors?

I think his concussion was reported almost immediately.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

The concussion was reported around the time it happened and it wasn't a surprise that he had one. I think they were juggling contracts and Warsofsky could immediately go to the AHL for conditioning whereas other players couldn't because of waivers or being needed on the ice. He's been skating for a bit so he could be back or it was only a contract thing. He probably legitimately needs a conditioning stint if he's coming back to Pittsburgh anyway.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
So since MAF played does that mean Zatkoff is finally done? Seems weird unless they didn't know if MAF could play, but then why use Murray as a backup?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
So since MAF played does that mean Zatkoff is finally done? Seems weird unless they didn't know if MAF could play, but then why use Murray as a backup?

In case Fleury couldn't finish the game? The you'd have a crappy goalie on a b2b coming in halfway through the game or whenever.

Zatkoff better be done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad