Tribute Matt Murray Franchise Goalie

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I think the play Pierre wanted was to trade Murray to go after Giroux for a 3-4 year contract. We get to keep a first and not even really drop too much and get a top line forward for free.

vs

get Debrincat for assets + likely more money.

I can understand why they would have preferred scenario A. Either way something had to be done.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I think the play Pierre wanted was to trade Murray to go after Giroux for a 3-4 year contract. We get to keep a first and not even really drop too much and get a top line forward for free.

vs

get Debrincat for assets + likely more money.

Either way something had to be done.

We still need to get Giroux.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
If the Sens make the playoffs and the Cat re-signs here long-term he will be talked about as one of the greatest goalies to ever wear a Sens jersey, he should be in the rafters imo

Watch him be healthy all year and post a .934 for us, the absolute King
If Murray is healthy and posts a 934, we're not just making the playoffs, we're making noise when we get there

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
After more news came out, it's clear it was a 3 way trade.

Murray saved us from losing Greig or Pinto (whom we would have had to add to the 16th to get Debrincat).

Unless it was a lesser prospect, than Murray blocked us BIG time from losing out on free cap for further moves.

Reactions: pzeeman

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Wait...I'm just waking up....were we really going to attach 7th to Murray to move him? Or was that just a really horrible internet rumor?

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Screenshot_20220707-193557_Twitter.jpg

Reactions: Icelevel

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

:laugh: this is hilarious

After more news came out, it's clear it was a 3 way trade.

Murray saved us from losing Greig or Pinto (whom we would have had to add to the 16th to get Debrincat).

Unless it was a lesser prospect, than Murray blocked us BIG time from losing out on free cap for further moves.

And in a few years, looking back on this post, we'll realize how HUGE this is

Last edited:
Reactions: pzeeman

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
So Garrioch saying had we traded the 7th overall to Buffalo the Debrincat deal still would have happened. Sens likely would have sent an extra prospect to Chicago to make up the difference. Honestly I would have preferred the Buffalo “pre move” in order to clear the cap space (assuming it wasn’t Grieg or Pinto heading to Chicago).

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So Garrioch saying had we traded the 7th overall to Buffalo the Debrincat deal still would have happened. Sens likely would have sent an extra prospect to Chicago to make up the difference. Honestly I would have preferred the Buffalo “pre move” in order to clear the cap space (assuming it wasn’t Grieg or Pinto heading to Chicago).

This shouldn’t be shocking but based on previous comments I think at least one person would be.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Just getting caught up but the Murray to Buf deal is/was speculation right? Is there really that much to believe it was concrete?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Just getting caught up but the Murray to Buf deal is/was speculation right? Is there really that much to believe it was concrete?
Sounds like it was concrete, but part of a 3-way deal that would have landed DeBrincat in Ottawa anyways. Murray nixed it, so Dorion had to fall back to a 2-way deal directly with Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad