Matt Moulson about how he got to Cornell

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://moha.ca/Teams/1146/Articles/...son_a_Junior_B_player_from_the_Toronto_area_/

When I was 14, one of the mothers of a player on my team called me the worst player in the GTHL. When I was 15 (playing for Stewie Heyduk’s dad) I broke my wrist, then separated my shoulder, and just missed having my teeth knocked out when I was cut for three stitches on my upper lip, the result of my head being driven into the boards and my helmet falling off. In fact, I was injured most of the hockey season. At spring tryouts my team, with a new coach, cut me. I listened to people say I was too small, too slow and not talented enough to amount to anything.
I remember my dad during the drive home after tryouts saying, “Matt, I still believe in you. If you want to stay in hockey, we’ll give you all the support you need, but you will have to work like you have never worked before. If you want to pack it in, that’s ok too.â€

It cools to see how much he's grown since then.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm sure that Mom has a special place in her heart every time she hears about Moulson. Something tells me her son isn't playing professionally and making millions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad