Matt Lindblad, T.J. Tynan, Josh Thorimbert, Stephon Williams & Daniel Carr

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Mathletic, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Mathletic

Mathletic Registered User

Just wondering what you think of Matt Lindblad, F, Dartmouth College? Perhaps Canadiens fans who watched some of Dustin Walsch this year will know a bit about Lindblad. It looks like he had a good year. He stepped up last year in his 2nd USHL season and seemed to have continued this year. What are your thoughts?

What about T.J. Tynan? I know he's small as can be but after a solid freshman year, will he turn some heads?

Any opinion on Josh Thorimbert, goalie for Colorado College, also played in the SJHL in 09-10? or Stephon Williams from the Sioux Falls Stampede of the USHL?

I'll ask the same for Daniel Carr who played for the Union Dutchmen

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  2. leoleo3535

leoleo3535 Registered User

I have not seen Carr play since he left the AJHL.

I saw him live about 70-80 times in the A........good speed, good hands.
    I don't think his size/frame will allow him to contribute higher than the ECHL.
    Topside would be the AHL......in my mind.

3. hfboardsuser

hfboardsuser Registered User

Same goes for myself. He's a very cerebral player and really thrives around the net- can get off a good, clean shot no matter if there's traffic, if it's a loose puck etc. Very good at deflecting pucks.

In addition, he's an extremely hard worker. Along with his size, he lacks the elite speed to be a sure-fire NHL player. But I think in three years, we could be talking about him where Matt Frattin is today.

4. IrishFan

IrishFan Registered User

Very hard working, tenacious kid that sees the ice very well and is a good playmaker as well as a good goal scorer. It's hard to overlook his size when looking for an NHL prospect, but I think he could be an exception and is definitely worth a late round pick.