Matt Kassian Player Appreciation/Goodbye Thread

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This thread is dedicated to our Kaptain Kassian. He has served us very well. Goodbye Kaptain Kassian. You will forever be missed.

What will you guys miss about our Kaptain Kassian?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
If the three of us showed up, I think that would tie the "Save Spezza" rally they had a couple seasons ago.

I made this joke without even seeing the Spezza rally thread down below lol

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I will miss absolutely nothing. His staged fight bearhugging was not entertaining... I want our heavyweight to knock people the **** out or dont bother fighting.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Nothing worse than being a heavyweight that cant fight. He is the definition of a useless hockey player. Seemed like a great guy that was well liked by his teammates and the fans but he was useless.

Wish him the best.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I will miss absolutely nothing. His staged fight bearhugging was not entertaining... I want our heavyweight to knock people the **** out or dont bother fighting.

Carkner :(

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Ya, pretty much this. He looked like an entertaining guy off the ice, though. If there is really a disconnect in our locker room, it ain't his fault.

Had a look at his stats for fun. 33 GP, 2 pts, -1, 4:26 ATOI. Granted he wasn't often on the ice long enough to actually get scored on, but it could be worse :laugh:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Beyond the fighting, it really bothered me that whenever Mac would insert him in the lineup, it meant he was running 3 lines and the 4th line was essentially benched. When Kassian was out, the 4th line would get a healthy 10-14 minutes.

Sarcasticus

Mar 25, 2010
Ottawa
His best game was the MTL playoff game last year when he was part of that line brawl. He seems like a good guy, but his time here is done. Best of luck Matt!

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Beyond the fighting, it really bothered me that whenever Mac would insert him in the lineup, it meant he was running 3 lines and the 4th line was essentially benched. When Kassian was out, the 4th line would get a healthy 10-14 minutes.

Isn't exactly the point? lol

Sometimes a coach wants to roll 3 lines, sometimes 4... It's their job, NHL coaching and I'm not qualified enough to tell you more about this, it probably has to do with things like game plans vs certain teams and health status of the team.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Seems like kassian is not getting a lot of love here. :(

That's because he is a useless hockey player that stage fought once in a while to try to justify his being on the team.

Im sure he's a fine fellah, but enforcers need to be able to play these days. Gotta be a hybrid like Neil.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I'll never forget when he shot a puck at Price's pads in the playoff and Condra scorer on the rebound." Matt Kassain's wrist shot is as hard as some guys pass the puck" Or is WWE moves during that Montreal series.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Like a lot of the tough guys in the league, Kassian is a decent guy with a great sense of humour. I hope he does well for himself in the next stage of life, whatever that me be for him.

I appreciate that when he was in the lineup our skilled guys ended up with more ice time, and we ended up winning more. But there is less and less room in the modern NHL for slow guys with well below average hockey skills.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Seemed like the perfect locker room guy for sure...fun to be around. On ice, obviously not the greatest hockey player, and not in good shape...but i don't feel like many players in the NHL were that intimidated by him. Sweet nickname and cool that he is friends with the band Oh Sleeper...but we need talented hockey players if we want to move forward at any point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad