Waived: Matt Kassian (Cleared)

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Kassian has been the ULTIMATE team player since day 1 for the Wild. Spent his time in Houston doing whatever was asked of him, and then last year and this year he played when asked, and kept his mouth shut when not playing.

He is a bright, funny, young man, who while will never be more than a 4th liner in the NHL, still has a legit chance to find a role on a the right team.

I hope he finds a home and is given a chance to play decent minutes. But PLEASE let it be in the Eastern conference. The idea of Rupp or Konopka going against Kassian is not a good thought.

Best of luck Matt!

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
He definately has a role in the league as a high character big bodied grinder/enforcer with just enough skill. Can't go too wrong with a guy like him.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
Doubt he will be claimed, but maybe Montreal. Funny if Canucks claim him too and have 2 kassian on same line

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Rangers fan in peace. Quick question for Wild fans. Compared to say a Mike Rupp, how was Kassain as a player? I know he was a very good heavyweight, but strictly as a player. Can he contribute or is he a one dimensional enforcer?

Mumbler*

Rangers fan in peace. Quick question for Wild fans. Compared to say a Mike Rupp, how was Kassain as a player? I know he was a very good heavyweight, but strictly as a player. Can he contribute or is he a one dimensional enforcer?

He never saw the ice for Rupp's spot. Pretty much all you need to know.

Good guy though.

Wild33

Mar 27, 2009
Good news that he cleared. Good guy to have in the organization because of what he can bring on the ice if needed and just seems like a great all around guy.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
He's kind of like a bear: big, nasty and bad at hockey.

Phant03

Jan 18, 2013
Strictly AHL contracts don't count. Anyone on a 2 way or like Kassian a 1 way count against the total of 50.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Strictly AHL contracts don't count. Anyone on a 2 way or like Kassian a 1 way count against the total of 50.

A better way to clear that up...anyone with a contract with an NHL team playing either in the NHL, AHL or the ECHL counts towards the 50 contract limit.

What tsk was saying about a team rather trading to not gain an extra contract, he means a player for player deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad