Signing(s): Matt Judon signs with the Patriots (4 years, $56 million)

Sep 19, 2008
Pats, Shane O Mac, same thing

iu

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I'm happy for him but that's probably excessive.

Seems to be a weird personality clash here, but you go where the money is.

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
I'm happy for him but that's probably excessive.

Seems to be a weird personality clash here, but you go where the money is.

NFL deals, so it's not that much about the term, structure is the key. But it's a FA signing, so you can't expect too much of a discount here, but then again 14m$ for a premium edge rusher doesn't sound too bad.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Still need a QB to get a good TE the ball. Certainly Belichick knows 2021 is a critical season. Not just for the team. But for him. Alot is on the line.

Give him credit for trying to fix the holes.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Still need a QB to get a good TE the ball. Certainly Belichick knows 2021 is a critical season. Not just for the team. But for him. Alot is on the line.

Give him credit for trying to fix the holes.

Nothing is on the line for Belichick, nothing will ever be on the line for Belichick, he will be there until he no longer wants to be there

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Judon is mediocre. He's not good pass rusher at all.
Really. Im not going to pretend to know a lot about him, but I thought the risk here for NE was he needs to be in right system and right place and might have some attitude issues.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Your entire shtick.

So the owner should keep a guy that continues to fail miserably at the draft. And...has proven nothing without a HOF QB by his side?

Now your reply may be...you don't turf a coach with 6 SB's.

Ok. So at what point does the owner step in and stop the miserable drafts and mediocre seasons without a HOF QB. 2023? 2030?

This is assuming they have a losing record in 2021. And the miserable drafting continues.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
So the owner should keep a guy that continues to fail miserably at the draft. And...has proven nothing without a HOF QB by his side?

Ok. So at what point does the owner step in and stop the miserable drafts and mediocre seasons without a HOF QB. 2023? 2030?

This is assuming they have a losing record in 2021. And the miserable drafting continues.

You know nothing about the Patriots, sorry.

Belichick has rebuilt the Patriots 3 times (2001, 2007 and 2010). Each time ushering a sustained window of contention. Yes, Brady is a huge part of it.

Belichick has EARNED the right to go through this rebuild. Now, he has to replace the biggest piece of the previous three windows.

If you want to argue that he had poor drafts after 2014. Fine.

So, to answer your question, BB has earned at least until 2025. And, by then, he'll be too old anyway.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

The owner never steps in short of Belichick committing some atrocity or PR nightmare, six SB's buy you as many years as you want to coach, it is easy to hammer the drafting but you also have to take into account that they are always drafting at the end of the round, he has not been picking in the top 10-15

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

His drafts have ranked 14 out 32 the last 5 years, so just about dead average. The terrible drafting has been overstated.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020

Hot take after hot take

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Again.

Are you going to argue what I'm saying? Or just spew nonsense?

Argue with what? Stuff that has no basis in reality? As was already posted if he had miserable drafts what do you call the GMs who are ranked behind him? The dude also just won 7 games in a season where he had absolute junk at skill positions and you post nonsense about him being on the hot seat? It's complete and absolute drivel that doesn't deserve anything other than being laughed at for posting hot takes.

Reactions: DangleCity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad