Player Discussion Matt Hendricks Appreciation Thread

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
posted-his-matt-hendricks-twitter-account-matthendy-shortly1.jpeg

Never Forget

Amen to that.

It's pretty clear he was no longer in the Oilers' plans, and we have younger, cheaper options for the 4LW spot. But he was a good soldier for us, and I hope he gets on with another team.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
It's a shame it seems that age has caught up to Hendricks, because he was a hell of a player for us. Players who refuse to quit even a little during the years and years of awful we had are few and far between. He's the only Oiler I can think of that remained universally loved by HFOil his entire career with us. Count me in as another who would love to see him stick with the organization in any capacity.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I can see him having a long career in hockey after his playing days as either a scout or coaching rankings. Pretty sure this wont be the last we hear of Hendricks in the hockey world.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Hendricks was my favourite player of the past 3 seasons. Always gave it his all, good in the shootout, and his faces on the bench gave me a good laugh sometimes. Sad to see him go, I bet he is a great locker room guy

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
The man was a warrior and leader during the years when there were zero others trying to play the right way. Glad he got to go out on a high note as a winner this past season. He will ALWAY be an Oiler in my books.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Was a big fan of Hendo. Too bad he lost his wheels. Still would like a solider like him on the team of the same ilk down in our bottom 6.

From the videos, he sure was a great locker room presence even if he wasn't playing every night.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
If he can't find an NFL team to play him I really hope we make up a position in the organization for him or bring him in in player development. Such a beauty

Oct 15, 2008
Never backed down from anyone, was the heart and soul for this team while others around him were being paid much more while mailing it in. Thanks for the hard work, dedication and guts Mr Hendricks.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If he can't find an NFL team to play him I really hope we make up a position in the organization for him or bring him in in player development. Such a beauty

It might be a little late for him to make the jump to professional football. :P

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Class act, leader, warrior..i mean he blocked a shot with his dick in really a meaningless game. He's a prime candidate to become a coach in some capacity.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Hope he can find a spot. What a character guy. He definitely showed some young players a thing or two about work ethic.

I wouldn't be shocked if a team added him to their off ice makeup after he decides to hang em up.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
I could see Hendo getting a year in Vegas. 4th line winger that can develop a hard working ethic with an expansion team. Good luck.

Not joking, but not only could I see this happening, but I could see him as their captain for a year.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Solid guy and a fantastic leader...

It was too bad that he couldn't have an impact on *some of our youth, but very glad that he was able to influence the rest... just a solid professional and team player.

It must have been a real eye opener to some of our youth to see him riding shotgun with McD early in his first season... effort, heart and selflessness get you a long way in life boys. You can learn a lot from a true gentleman in Hendy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad