Matt Hendricks Appreciation Thread

OilerFanatic88

Jul 24, 2008
Guy like Hendricks is a perfect captain for this club. When did this obsession with the idea that the most talented player should be captain start? Hendricks is a natural leader, I'm not saying you throw it at him, but hes making a case for himself. Just because Halls compete level is high doesnt make him a leader. Its like Lord of the Flies out there.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
He won't solve any of our problems, but definitely has an attitude you'd like to see emulated by other players from within the org. Glad we have him.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
He's been real good for us, but only a matter of time before he gets Oiler'd.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Nah, I get sample sizes.

Why do you even post in these threads? It's an appreciation thread everyone here knows you don't like any sort of player that has to work hard to stay in the NHL or fights and doesn't have the natural talent of a 1st rounder.

As for Hendricks, perfect fit for this team. Added a much needed element to the club, hopefully his work ethic will start rubbing off the talented players that don't know how to play a full game.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Why do you even post in these threads? It's an appreciation thread everyone here knows you don't like any sort of player that has to work hard to stay in the NHL or fights and doesn't have the natural talent of a 1st rounder.

No need to misrepresent my views (well, the fighting part is accurate I guess). Don't have a problem with these types of players, I just don't think a crap team like the Oilers can afford to waste roster spots on too many of these low-event players.

I'll admit Hendricks has been better than I expected, but given my expectations, that's not saying much. Whatever impact he's having isn't showing up where it counts, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad