Signing(s): Matt Harvey with the Angels (1 year, $11 million)

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i remember angels fans always complaining about how they wish he would've signed with them after they drafted him out of HS

well here you go angels fans

Oct 18, 2011
Can he even pitch anymore? Are his issues mental or physical?

I hope Eppler has more coming in terms of pitching moves

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Feel like Harvey would have been a textbook Pirates signing. Let Ray Searage inexplicably bring another career back from the dead.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Feel like Harvey would have been a textbook Pirates signing. Let Ray Searage inexplicably bring another career back from the dead.

Or Houston. After all his downfall was the decline in spin rate and velocity in his fastball.

frontsfan2005

Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I think Harvey wanted to remain in Cincinnati, as the Reds were in the discussions to re-sign him right until the end. However, the money the Angels were offering likely blew away what Cincinnati was willing to spend to keep him around.

Overall, Harvey pitched fairly well with the Reds (he had a few poor outings that blew up his ERA) but it was a very positive season for him. Hopefully he can keep his career on track, as he did show in spurts that he can be a very good pitcher.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Is there a reason why he got 11 million in the offseason? I get it's one year, i get he looked slightly better than usual in Cincy but uh...still not really worth that money.

Gio Gonzalez had to scratch and claw for a minor league deal and he looks amazing in his admittedly small sample size.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Harvey has been one of the worst starting pitchers in baseball for a few years now

why did the Angels give him that money lol

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Because we’re the worst run team in baseball. Just another mindblowingly bad decision by our front office.
Why did mike trout sign two long term extensions with LAA he is good enough to hold his talent over the front office like nba players do.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He’s done. Someone might give him one more shot on a league minimum but his career is basically over. Pretty mind boggling how he got an 11M dollar deal, good work by Bora$$ I guess.

Don’t like the Mets but sad career trajectory he had

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Has only himself to blame and I have no sympathy for him. Maybe he would be ok out of the bullpen but while with the Mets he refused to do so. I'm sure he'll get another chance somewhere but as Filthy said, league minimum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad