Recalled/Assigned: Matt Hackett recalled (3/7/15)

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
Apparently he's had the mask awhile and can't wear it because it doesn't fit him right.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
So was it ever determined conclusively how many games Hackett needs to play to stay an RFA?

I know many have given up on him, but I still like him enough to be interested in retaining his rights, but we're running out of games to get him in.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
So was it ever determined conclusively how many games Hackett needs to play to stay an RFA?

I know many have given up on him, but I still like him enough to be interested in retaining his rights, but we're running out of games to get him in.

Goalies can be late bloomers and he has the pedigree. That being said I don't think he gets the games and I don't think Murray sees him in sabres future so probably doesn't matter.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007

He needs to play in a minimum of 28 games and he must play at least 30 minutes in a game for it to count for these purposes. Of the 24 NHL appearances that Hackett has, in three of those he played fewer than 30 minutes. So, Hackett's counter is at 21 out of 28. He would need to play in seven more games to lose his UFA eligibility. The Sabres, of course, have nine games remaining. I would bet on him becoming a UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad