Confirmed with Link: Matt Greene Bought Out, Joining Kings Front Office (as scout)

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Thank you for everything. One of the toughest players in Kings history and a large catalyst for the culture change. I'm sorry you were treated so poorly toward the end of your time as a King. You'll always be remembered as a key piece that brought a Stanley Cup to LA!

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Thanks for everything Matt! ****ing Viking...

Matt-Greene.jpg

Still don't get this move to save peanuts this year and then cost us next year on top of that. Maybe they're doing him a solid since he doesn't figure into our plans and wouldn't actually play here this year? one could only hope...

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Hope we can find another warrior like him to anchor our 3rd pair for the next decade.
Happy retirement Greener

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Sportsnet reporting he'll get a front office deal with LA.

Thanks for everything Greener.

Glad to hear he's sticking around. Seems to be very popular with his teammates, and he was one of the most selfless players who sacrificed his body to help the team. Hope he enjoys a successful post playing career with the organization.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Glad to hear he's sticking around. Seems to be very popular with his teammates, and he was one of the most selfless players who sacrificed his body to help the team. Hope he enjoys a successful post playing career with the organization.

Hope so to, hope it's true.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Dude will make an excellent coach. Loved him as a player, always gave 100%. His reaction to a goal he scored (may have been his last) was priceless. Just shrugged his shoulders almost apologetically, true gamer.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Thanks for being a warrior. Two cups, spilled blood and a great teammate. I really hope the front office move is true. Congrats on a great career.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Man, what a beauty. Hope that report that he's sticking around is true. Really one of the guys who laid it all on the line for this org. We were never going to 'outskill' the top teams, and he was emblematic of the group of guys who played with enough heart to overcome that--Regehr, Mitchell, Greene, so many guys who ground out their last hockey years beating the snot out of the opposition en route to success. Thanks for everything, Greener!

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Gonna miss the guy. Seemed like a very positive force in the lockerroom. Hope the front office speculation is true.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The picture of Quick gawking at Greene's busted, bloody forehead is one of the most iconic images in Kings history. Really signified a culture change in the team and organization as they were ramping up toward contender status.

Hope Greener sticks around the front office until he's an old man.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
One of my favorite Kings! Blood, sweat, but no tears, too tough type of guy!

Hope he sticks around in a fo job. Perhaps the eye in the sky spot could be for him. Keep him in the locker room and around the team.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
He blocked pucks with his face. He got hit by a car, then suited up. He was intimidating on the ice, and silly off of it. Hardworking and humble. He epitomized the culture change that brought cups to LA.

So glad he's sticking around, now we have a warrior in the front office.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Should go down as one of the greatest Kings of all-time from those of us that were there from start to finish.

Before I get piled on, I don't mean greatest in term of skill but just for his role in leadership, the example he set and for his extreme likeability. Belongs in that Wells/McSorley/Lappy category while being elevated due to the two Cups.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
These posts sound like someone who just passed away. All compliments for a guy who was probably blasted on this forum more than anyone except D. Brown. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad