Matt Dumba Sucks!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
2 steps forward. 1 step back. He started the season about 30 steps behind expectations. He has flashed a few games were you were hopeful. At this point I would prefer if we trade him at deadline.
Who the hell would want him?

Reactions: moosemeister

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Way worse defenseman have been dealt at the deadline for assets. See every trade deadline in history for reference.
True, but we might get a third round pick for him, I doubt we get a second. If we are in the playoff hunt, we should keep him for depth.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
True, but we might get a third round pick for him, I doubt we get a second. If we are in the playoff hunt, we should keep him for depth.
Well we will know very soon if we are in the playoff mix. Right jow we are falling out of it. If we go on this 3 game road trip and go 0-3 or 1-2 the next step is pretty clear. If we get a 2nd or 3rd well that’s the return. Not sweating it for a guy who has been here for 40 games.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Well we will know very soon if we are in the playoff mix. Right jow we are falling out of it. If we go on this 3 game road trip and go 0-3 or 1-2 the next step is pretty clear. If we get a 2nd or 3rd well that’s the return. Not sweating it for a guy who has been here for 40 games.
If it happens it will be at the TDL, so we have time to decide and let things play out. Unless we are rolling and on a hot streak, I would trade Dumba if we can get a high second. If we are out of the playoffs by 10 points or so, I'd take the third. Then BA can show case him, give him easy assignments like they did with Chych (didn't work though).

Reactions: hbk

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We will not be in the playoffs. We give it the best shot with the talent we have, but it's not happening.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If it happens it will be at the TDL, so we have time to decide and let things play out. Unless we are rolling and on a hot streak, I would trade Dumba if we can get a high second. If we are out of the playoffs by 10 points or so, I'd take the third. Then BA can show case him, give him easy assignments like they did with Chych (didn't work though).
We won't even sniff the playoffs this year, and that was expected. The only way we get a second for Dumba is if a playoff team runs into injuries. Not much to showcase with Dumba. No one wanted him this offseason, and when it finally sunk in Dumba signed here. I hope Dumba can make us all eat crow, but I think that is unlikely.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We won't even sniff the playoffs this year, and that was expected. The only way we get a second for Dumba is if a playoff team runs into injuries. Not much to showcase with Dumba. No one wanted him this offseason, and when it finally sunk in Dumba signed here. I hope Dumba can make us all eat crow, but I think that is unlikely.
We are sniffing the playoffs right now. And, when you favorite 1C returns, we might go on a run:) A second for Dumba would be a great return, doubt we get that for him though.

Reactions: Jakey53

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I hope Dumba can make us all eat crow, but I think that is unlikely.
This won't happen unless Dumba miraculously gets back the 1 or 2 steps he's lost. As someone said above, he is 'baked'. His days of playing Quality D are over.

The great news is that he's only signed for this season. Whew! Just imagine if it were a 3yr deal, we'd all have the pitch forks ready to go.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
The second half of the season is going to be harder than the first. I don't have my hopes up for the playoffs. Don't think we can elevate our play like other teams will.

Reactions: Jakey53

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
The second half of the season is going to be harder than the first. I don't have my hopes up for the playoffs. Don't think we can elevate our play like other teams will.
We have some players who have a history of strong 2nd halves so maybe there could be a run but it would take elite goaltending to overcome the d deficiencies and that is a big ask.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
If he's eating a lot of minutes he at least is sheltering guys who need to develop. I haven't looked at who he is deployed against and in what zones, but with the caliber of defense we have now, it'd probably just be someone else on the team being the whipping boy if it weren't him.

We just don't really have a top tier defensive pairing, probably at best an average to below average 2nd pairing, and the rest of 3rd pairing to 7th defensemen at best. Pretty much everyone is playing higher up in the lineup than you would like.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
If he's eating a lot of minutes he at least is sheltering guys who need to develop. I haven't looked at who he is deployed against and in what zones, but with the caliber of defense we have now, it'd probably just be someone else on the team being the whipping boy if it weren't him.

We just don't really have a top tier defensive pairing, probably at best an average to below average 2nd pairing, and the rest of 3rd pairing to 7th defensemen at best. Pretty much everyone is playing higher up in the lineup than you would like.
Listen, we're all here to dump on Dumba.. I'm gonna need you to say mean things about him.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Dumba is the one who needs sheltering.:laugh: Bear is playing him big minutes, second among D. Is it trust or does Bear think he is better than the rest? Probably all the above. Proves how bad our D is.

Reactions: Napoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad