Value of: Matt Duchene.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
With Backstrom’s status in doubt and Kuznetsov potentially on the block, I could see the Caps sniffing around. We might need to buy out Mantha or find some sucker to take him to make it happen though.
Chopping block

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
How bad is he at center?

My initial thought was the Bruins should take a look but if he's not viable in the middle then there's probably not much of a reason to call him.
Awful. He was a terrible signing for the Preds until he got shifted to the wing. I don't think he's able to handle that kind of defensive workload anymore. Ok at the dot when needed though.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stars could use a 2nd line winger and they loveee having a 2nd faceoff option on each line. Unlikely they're interested though, and if they are they certainly won't have the best offer for him.

I feel he won't be signed for a little while. Probably a few days at least, but hope I'm wrong so tomorrow is more interesting

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Think he'll have a few options.

1-2 yr x $2-4 mil from a contender (Carolina, Colorado, New Jersey), 2-4 years x 4-5 mil from a declining/bubble team (Pittsburgh, Washington, Winnipeg, Calgary) or a 4-5 yr x $5-6 mil from a non-playoff team looking to improve (Columbus, Vancouver, Detroit).

Ultimately depends on how much he cares about winning, and how much he cares about money. Most players talk about wanting to winning a cup, but in the end money talks.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Likely 5 x $6.5m with the Anaheim Duck.
1688187871014.gif

• Haha
Reactions: jabubenice

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
1 year biggest $ amount or best place to put up points then cash in on next summer's salary bump. Would be stupid not to.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Doubtful. He's now one of the most coveted UFAs and some GM will overpay. Matt Duchene is going to be paid like a superstar the next few years when you add up his salary. I'm jealous.

You could be right ✅
We shall see, it's been an unpredictable offseason so far...

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Must be nice getting paid by one team and picking to play on a contender of your choice for cheap. He's a loser in my mind If he doesn't sign with a contender for a discount. What team wouldn't want him? I'd chose McDavids wing if I were him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Homesick

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Going to guess Edmonton for something short and cheap. I think if Dubas was still in Toronto, he would have targeted him as well, not sure what the new guy's plan is.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Here's what I don't get....

Duchene didn't have a NTC. He had 3 years left at $8m. That buyout cost Nashville $2.5, $5.5, $6.5, and $1.5, $1.5, $1.5m. They're unlikely to be good this year.

Based on all the responses in this thread, seems to me like Duchene could go out and get a 2-year $7m deal if he wanted. If that's the case, would it not have made sense to give up an asset to get a team to take on a 3rd year and a little more money, and save themselves the cap hit?

Reactions: jiggy35

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Doubtful. He's now one of the most coveted UFAs and some GM will overpay. Matt Duchene is going to be paid like a superstar the next few years when you add up his salary. I'm jealous.

Coveted? Would you say he’s the belle of the ball? Would you say he’s longed for?

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
Here's what I don't get....

Duchene didn't have a NTC. He had 3 years left at $8m. That buyout cost Nashville $2.5, $5.5, $6.5, and $1.5, $1.5, $1.5m. They're unlikely to be good this year.

Based on all the responses in this thread, seems to me like Duchene could go out and get a 2-year $7m deal if he wanted. If that's the case, would it not have made sense to give up an asset to get a team to take on a 3rd year and a little more money, and save themselves the cap hit?
Can’t see him getting more than 4 considering somebody could have traded for him at 50% for 4m.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Stars could use a 2nd line winger and they loveee having a 2nd faceoff option on each line. Unlikely they're interested though, and if they are they certainly won't have the best offer for him.

I feel he won't be signed for a little while. Probably a few days at least, but hope I'm wrong so tomorrow is more interesting

Dallas is one of the more likely options. He likes country music and cowboy boots. Maybe mechanical bulls too? It’s time for this urban cowboy to finally bring his own star with him to Big D.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
If I were Duchene I'd be ordering my agent to get me to Chicago pronto. TOI with Bedard. Yes Please.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Hanging out with Landeskog yesterday. He’s in Denver, could be the Avs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad