Player Discussion Matt Coronato

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
Being in the East I don't get to see him much, but there were high hopes for this guy coming off a tremendous college career and a good preseason. What happened, did they need to send him down for Martin Pospisil??? Has he been terrible, temporary assignment, or do you think he won't be back up?

Seems to me the Flames are in desperate need of goals, can he not help out?

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
It's not controversial or worrying in the slightest. He's young. Young players take time, outside of the top level picks.. and even then sometimes. He'll be fine. He'll be back. He didn't deserve top minutes by game 10 here, so let him get going in the AHL doing top line.

Pospisil earned it. He's looked good in the AHL and this is how you reward that. It's exactly what we want to see happening for the farm players who work hard and have success.

Not a big deal overall, but certainly exciting for Pospisil and his family I'm sure. Hopefully he is pumped up and shows well.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
He's got the NHL talent already but isn't ready to play in an NHL system lots of little errors/plays that aren't working for him.
Should see a few chances this year and I don't think anyone is worried about him in the long-term.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He may blossom or may become another Dube or worse

But in this stupid system, nobody produces, not even if you pay them 7M or even 10.5M

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This guy is the real deal, I'm certain he'll be a top line RW for us. It's hard not to get excited about Zary after his display last game because if he can maintain that style of play, it'll be a huge help to realizing Coronato's potential.

As much as Coronato has tried to be that puck carrying guy, he'd be much better in that gunslinger/finisher role, playing sidekick to a quality centre.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
This guy is the real deal, I'm certain he'll be a top line RW for us. It's hard not to get excited about Zary after his display last game because if he can maintain that style of play, it'll be a huge help to realizing Coronato's potential.

As much as Coronato has tried to be that puck carrying guy, he'd be much better in that gunslinger/finisher role, playing sidekick to a quality centre.

Agree he needs to be the new Winger Goals TM:OKG

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
He's got the NHL talent already but isn't ready to play in an NHL system lots of little errors/plays that aren't working for him.
Should see a few chances this year and I don't think anyone is worried about him in the long-term.

Agreed. I think he has the NHL talent but not the stamina to survive the NHL grind. Build that endurance in the AHL, aim to be fill time next season.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Wasn't particularly noticeable in any facet of the game, and a lot of his shots went wide

However, he did show flashes. Enough to not be too concerned just yet. Sending him down was the correct choice imo.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Send Coronato to the Wranglers
Call-up the 2 players on the first line that are playing well.

Last game he played played with Schwindt and Kerins... Schwindt had been w/ Zary and Pospisil, but Kerins had been a healthy scratch.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Outsider but really like the player and hopefully he is back up at some point

Huge zary fan as well

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
You can't be serious with your suggestions?!??

You bench Huberdeau, simples.
I would love to see that. I am very serious, there's no point in bringing up Coronato and playing him 10 minutes on 3rd/4th line, and the same goes for the other two, they're better off playing 20 minutes for Wranglers than playing 4th line minutes once Coronato takes one of their spots.

Reactions: joescores

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Not surprised he needed the year in the AHL. I think he'll be a force next season, but for now I think its fine to give him a season in the AHL. Now if that turns into 2-3 seasons of dicking him around... well...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad