Proposal: Matt Carle for Michael Del Zotto

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Straight up trade.

Whom does this Matt Carle for Micheal Del Zotto straight up.

Yes/No

This is my first thread I have ever done so hope am doing it right etc.. Let me know please?

Just curious this came up know is one person on our board does this. My friends whom some even have hockey jobs on facebook and in life are saying no.

I say no. Is same player so makes no sense to me. The person brought up the point of age why everyone would say yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If it's a straight up trade then obviously yes. Both are similar players it's just Del Zotto is only 22 and has a much better contract. Carle is better ES and Del Zotto on the PP. Defensively they are pretty similar, both aren't anything special, Del Zotto is more physical but Carle is better positionally. There's really no need for this thread cause a trade like this will never happen and we have no need to acquire Del Zotto.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
This was just debated on trades think you both saw that. I didnt know how to make a poll lol:)

Came out resounding yes.

I wouldnt do it cause they are same player to me and figure del zotto gets 5 for 5 next year is just no point.

I get the age thing just think carle still has good four years so is a wash.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This was just debated on trades think you both saw that. I didnt know how to make a poll lol:)

Came out resounding yes.

I wouldnt do it cause they are same player to me and figure del zotto gets 5 for 5 next year is just no point.

I get the age thing just think carle still has good four years so is a wash.

IMO he was one of the biggest reasons our PP faultered after the first 10 games, he had the most PP time of any D-man on our team and could not for the life of him hold the puck in play.

Del Zotto is a great PMD who was used more in a defensive role this year due to Torts style and I would MUCH rather have him QBing our PP instead of Carle, add in that he's a childhood friend of Stamkos and it's that much easier.

Carle is better ES and Del Zotto on the PP. Defensively they are pretty similar, both aren't anything special, Del Zotto is more physical but Carle is better positionally. .

You really don't want to improve our PP? We have the potential to be the best PP team in the league easily, like in 2011 when our PP was the best thing we had going for in the playoffs, other teams would pay just about everytime they took a pentalty. The 2nd half of last season was such a joke, teams could push us around and afford to take penalties because our PP was abysmal and riduclously easy to kill off.

Now with Lecavalier off the team, our PP needs that much more help.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad