Post-Game Talk (GBU): Matt Can Hackett

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Where were Eberle and Yakupov? Injured or scratched? And everytime i watch the Oilers i still haven't noticed any tangible evidence of RNH's talent. I only know he's a good player from seeing people say he is, but somehow i have missed seeing it myself everytime i've watched their team.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
U: that reverse camera angle and it skewed the game because it seemed like it had an angle to it. Don't know if anyone else caught it.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
U: that reverse camera angle and it skewed the game because it seemed like it had an angle to it. Don't know if anyone else caught it.

You mean b/c we were watching it looking at the penalty box and it's usually suppose to be that we're looking at the benches?

Yeah i saw that...it was annoying

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
You mean b/c we were watching it looking at the penalty box and it's usually suppose to be that we're looking at the benches?

Yeah i saw that...it was annoying

That's the one. And it seemed at an angle which seemed awkward... ice looked bigger on the penalty box side

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

The Oilers arena is like that. For whatever reason, it's the only one that has the benches/penalty boxes flipped.

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
Where were Eberle and Yakupov? Injured or scratched? And everytime i watch the Oilers i still haven't noticed any tangible evidence of RNH's talent. I only know he's a good player from seeing people say he is, but somehow i have missed seeing it myself everytime i've watched their team.

I definitely expected him to take the next step to that near-elite status after putting up 52 points in 62 games as an 18 year old, but it just hasn't happened. The guy is still just 20, but I wonder if they're at all concerned about him in Edmonton. He might not be more than a scoring #2 center rather than the true #1 center he was projected to be.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I definitely expected him to take the next step to that near-elite status after putting up 52 points in 62 games as an 18 year old, but it just hasn't happened. The guy is still just 20, but I wonder if they're at all concerned about him in Edmonton. He might not be more than a scoring #2 center rather than the true #1 center he was projected to be.

He was invisible last night, but the kid still has 47 points in 69 games (0.68 PPG), which is really good.

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
He was invisible last night, but the kid still has 47 points in 69 games (0.68 PPG), which is really good.

Yeah, he'll still be very good, no doubt about that. Just might not be that all-situations guy that you expect a #1 pick to be.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
Yeah, he'll still be very good, no doubt about that. Just might not be that all-situations guy that you expect a #1 pick to be.

Edmonton picked a pretty weak period to tank. RNH and Yakupov look underwhelming compared to their counterparts in other years.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
We didn't deserve to win that one, the way we played.

Is it just me, or is that rink dark? Seems like half the lights were out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad