Matt Calvert

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
It is nice to see the success that he is having right now with the Blue Jackets. There was a lot of people over looking him last season because he played with Schenn and Glenie. Calvert last season was without a doubt the heart and soul of the Brandon Wheat Kings.

He gives you 100% every time he is on the ice and should be a big part of the Blue Jackets for years to come and maybe a future captan.

BobbyRyan9

Let's Go Bruins!
May 26, 2008
Saw him play a few teams this year in the AHL and I liked what I saw. A lot of energy and he was dangerous and fast out on the ice. That's hard for many young forwards to do at that level coming out of juniors. Saw his hat trick on the NHL Network a few days ago, glad to see he's continuing to have success.

WheatiesHockey

Dec 19, 2006
A really terrific player who always seemed to fly below the radar prospect wise.
Calvert went into the DUB as an 18 year old rookie which is pretty rare. He also stuck it out in junior until he was 20 which is also uncommon.
Calvert is a real puck hawk on the penalty kill with great transition from defense to offense.
Nice to see Calvert growing as a player with Columbus. In terms of the standard model for prospect development he was outside the template.
Undrafted bantam, 17 year old midget player, 18 year old CHL rookie, 5th round NHL draft pick and played WHL as an over ager, all of it is very unconventional.
The thing is, come game time Calvert will be the best player out on the ice.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Easily one of the hardest working players around. Always an honest effort from Calvert. One of my favorite players all time with the Wheaties. KM(Kelly McCrimmon) has a habit of finding local guys undrafted and turning them into real solid NHL prospects. Calvert,Ferland and wouldn't surprise me if Cody Nelson is that next guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad