Matt Calvert match penalty against Ovechkin

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
And what's even more shocking, Tom Wilson did something significantly more dirty only moments before. Who would have ever thought?

Calvert's shot was in retaliation, let's give it some fair context.

so...it was justified and not so bad. yes?

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Ovechkin cross-checked Calvert a couple times at the horn. They came together, Calvert got his glove up in Ovi's face -- the hand he was holding the stick with -- and Ovechkin was cut. Hard to tell if it was the glove or the stick that made the contact, but there was blood. Nothing on the cross-checking; Calvert gets five.

Wilson got two minutes for roughing at the same time for a separate altercation.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
ah...it was a butt end? now that sounds like a match penalty. AND I am sure what Wilson did was up there in the butt end in the head catagory

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Charging. A Tom Wilson specialty. Truck a guy. Opposing fans say he charged and is dirty. No penalty. No post game fine. Clean hit. Happens all the time. Now had he slew footed a guy. I am with you. Crosschecked a guy in the head. Dirty. Wilson doesn't do that

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Yeah, seeing the replay again -- even though I don't think it was Matty Ice's intention, he did catch him with the butt-end of the stick. Unintentional, but you're responsible for your stick, so I don't think the officials really had much of a choice.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
And what's even more shocking, Tom Wilson did something significantly more dirty only moments before. Who would have ever thought?

Calvert's shot was in retaliation, let's give it some fair context.

Wilson being dirty? But he is a first line player!!!

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Accidentally butt ended Ovi. I'd be pissed if I was Ovi too because he was cross checking Calvert out of frustration just before it happened but if you see the clip Calvert was clearly just turning to shove him back and busted him and I'm sure Ovi thought it was retaliation.

Surprised about the Wilson situation because I think he got roughing for the situation after Ovi went down and not the cheap hit from behind on Sedlak.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Charging. A Tom Wilson specialty. Truck a guy. Opposing fans say he charged and is dirty. No penalty. No post game fine. Clean hit. Happens all the time. Now had he slew footed a guy. I am with you. Crosschecked a guy in the head. Dirty. Wilson doesn't do that

because the nhl totally lets tom wilson get away with stuff haha, the nhl looks to put him in the box. if there was a major 100% they would have kicked him out

Reactions: ovikovy817

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1