Matt Beleskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
Considering the amount of deserved hate that Chris Kelly gets, I can't wait to see the lashback against Beleskey in the upcoming season. Dude will be lucky to hit double digits for goals

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
So basically be came to Boston because we offered the most....funny I keep getting told its "his wife fell in love with Boston" that made him pick us.

Its always about the money

i liked how he said if someone offered the 5M, he'd take it. but then says he was good taking less because he can help the team get better guys. so which is it?

i'm ok with the signing overall. he's a fairly young guy, his skating has really improved recently. maybe the 25-30 goal thing is a fantasy, maybe it isn't. he popped 8 goals in the playoffs in the west, so i think there's reason to be optimistic.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
i liked how he said if someone offered the 5M, he'd take it. but then says he was good taking less because he can help the team get better guys. so which is it?

i'm ok with the signing overall. he's a fairly young guy, his skating has really improved recently. maybe the 25-30 goal thing is a fantasy, maybe it isn't. he popped 8 goals in the playoffs in the west, so i think there's reason to be optimistic.

I think his future success rides with Claude almost as much as it does with him.

Claude showed late last season that he can change, that rides with the Bruins management as much as it rides with Claude.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

If I just came off a career year i'd be taking the most money offered over the longest term and I don't care what city my wife fell in love with. From the players perspective I don't fault him at all for that.

From the fans perspective, I just want the guy to show up on most nights, compete physically, and chip in 15-20 goals. If he can be a better Jason Chimera or more physical less goal scoring Michael Ryder I'll be happy.

He scores the majority of his goals crashing the net, and that's something the Bruins were lacking outside of Eriksson last year. Eriksson would get there with timing and clean up garbage. I'm hoping Belesky is a bull in a China shop and just gets there with reckless abandon. If there's a few goalie interference calls against Price and Holtby, I'll live with it.

He reminds me a bit nugs as Steve Konowalchuk. Agree?

Zac Rinaldo*

If I just came off a career year i'd be taking the most money offered over the longest term and I don't care what city my wife fell in love with. From the players perspective I don't fault him at all for that.

From the fans perspective, I just want the guy to show up on most nights, compete physically, and chip in 15-20 goals. If he can be a better Jason Chimera or more physical less goal scoring Michael Ryder I'll be happy.

He scores the majority of his goals crashing the net, and that's something the Bruins were lacking outside of Eriksson last year. Eriksson would get there with timing and clean up garbage. I'm hoping Belesky is a bull in a China shop and just gets there with reckless abandon. If there's a few goalie interference calls against Price and Holtby, I'll live with it.

He reminds me a bit nugs as Steve Konowalchuk. Agree?

more kobasew than konowalchuk lol

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Considering the amount of deserved hate that Chris Kelly gets, I can't wait to see the lashback against Beleskey in the upcoming season. Dude will be lucky to hit double digits for goals

I'm holding out hope they got themselves a late blooming 20/20 winger. Something like a Curtis Glencross. If they can get that kind of production in a middle six role, I am fine. Got this bad feeling that he's a 10-15 goal 3rd line winger who's best asset is effort (Chris Kelly). He is 27 though. That's a plus.

Reports were that Anaheim was offering in the neighborhood of $4M/per for shorter term. I'd like to think they'd have a good handle of him.

BackBringCam

Nov 14, 2005
Kemptville
I watched all of Beleskey's OHL career closely from day one.
While I hate when hockey people compare draft day players to current NHL'ers, (not the case for an established NHL'er he is presently) the guy Beleskey always reminded me of with his style was similar to Wendel Clarke. Undersized power fwd. Light Heavy weight, however you want to term it. Will hit anything, has a great wrist shot that overpowers goalies.
Like I said, I watched him since he was a kid (along with Subban and Matthias) on Belleville. If I could compare his style to anyone, I'd say Clarke'ish

Hi De Hi

Jul 2, 2015
Solihull, UK
Matty will turn up for you every night. 100% grafter and a guy who is constantly looking to learn.

When he played in the UK he could have taken it easy and been the big star but he gave 100% every shift plus spent extra practice time on the ice sharing his experience with the young kids on our team. He bled blue for us and he will do the same for you. I expect to see a few Bruins Beleskey jerseys in our rink next season.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Anyone else catch his smoothie video? This guy, to me, feels like a kid on Christmas now that hes a Bruin, he even used Shipping Up To Boston as the background music for his smoothie video. He is seriously pumped to be here and I love it.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I'm holding out hope they got themselves a late blooming 20/20 winger. Something like a Curtis Glencross. If they can get that kind of production in a middle six role, I am fine. Got this bad feeling that he's a 10-15 goal 3rd line winger who's best asset is effort (Chris Kelly). He is 27 though. That's a plus.

Reports were that Anaheim was offering in the neighborhood of $4M/per for shorter term. I'd like to think they'd have a good handle of him.

Have you seen his goal highlights? Chris Kelly has 1/4 the hands of Beleskey.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Anyone else catch his smoothie video? This guy, to me, feels like a kid on Christmas now that hes a Bruin, he even used Shipping Up To Boston as the background music for his smoothie video. He is seriously pumped to be here and I love it.

Link?

EDIT: Lol, nevermind... just found it on his Twitter feed.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
While I hate when hockey people compare draft day players to current NHL'ers, (not the case for an established NHL'er he is presently) the guy Beleskey always reminded me of with his style was similar to Wendel Clarke. Undersized power fwd. Light Heavy weight, however you want to term it. Will hit anything, has a great wrist shot that overpowers goalies.
Like I said, I watched him since he was a kid (along with Subban and Matthias) on Belleville. If I could compare his style to anyone, I'd say Clarke'ish

We really need someone with a great wrist shot .

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

Great post. Hits the nail on the head. Kitchener and the Bulls went at it in a series a few years back. You always remember certain players that gave it all. Beleskey was one of those. Batteries never stop.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Matty will turn up for you every night. 100% grafter and a guy who is constantly looking to learn.

When he played in the UK he could have taken it easy and been the big star but he gave 100% every shift plus spent extra practice time on the ice sharing his experience with the young kids on our team. He bled blue for us and he will do the same for you. I expect to see a few Bruins Beleskey jerseys in our rink next season.

Thanks for the input, he certainly seems to play the style we want to play

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014

Thank you.

You sound like Pierre McGuire or should I say he sounds like you. :)

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Bruins playoff goal leader the last three playoffs ? Bergeron with 12 goals .

Beleskey play off goals last three Ducks playoffs? 12

Also has 39 goals last 160 or so regular season games or about 20 per season .

Easily gets 20 on Krejcis left IMO .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad