Matt Bartkowski

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Strong skater. Unfortunately makes poor decisions with the puck - often just dumps the puck to the other team in the neutral zone/offensive zone. I would say he is a 'safer' player than Sbisa.

Should be behind Biega on the depth chart but ahead of Sbisa.

I love doing these metaphors. Choosing between Sbisa and Bart is like choosing which tool they should shove up your ass for that rectal exam.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
He's was recently on that illustrious list of players Benning publicly said we're available. I doubt he's back.

But if he gets no other offers maybe there is a chance he gets desperate and signs a two way deal and serves as a call up (2-3 in line hopefully) from Utica.

GarryValkyrie

Mar 14, 2008
Vancouver
With the firedrill this D corps is I don't think we bring him back. Somedays I really want to like him,but it's a trick, his speed seduces you into thinking he could be something, but Hockey IQ just destroys that almost every game

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
If he's brought back it would be like some ridiculous joke. We are full at LH at the NHL level and almost all our D prospects are LH, as well.

They already signed one of the worst D-men in Sbisa, they don't need to make the same type of mistake again.

Even if Edler is traded we don't need to re-sign him.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Not much room for him with Larsen and Pedan coming in next season. He's a decent depth player and would be worth keeping around as a 7/8 dman at league minimum.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
With Larsen and likely Tryamkin coming over, Pedan requiring waivers (I believe), and Biega signed to a one-way I doubt there's room for either Bartkowski or Weber. Right side depth is getting better....still probably room for a right side top 4 UFA - Bartkowski isn't that.

RH
Tanev
Larsen
Biega
Subban

LH
Edler
Hutton
Spisa
Pedan
Tryamkin

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
They need a top 4 RH D-man at a minimum unless Larsen has made huge jumps in his defensive game. But as mentioned Bartkowski isn't that guy. He needs to be cast aside.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
They need a top 4 RH D-man at a minimum unless Larsen has made huge jumps in his defensive game. But as mentioned Bartkowski isn't that guy. He needs to be cast aside.

If they can get a legitimate top 4 RH D-man and Larsen shows he can play in the bottom pairing, I would be happy with that top 10 going into next year. Hutton is really showing he can excel with top 4 minutes.

earl grey

all the best posts
Apr 21, 2013
I think the well has been tapped with Bartkowski. You know what you're getting now, time to move on.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Realize the guy has been a tire fire in his own zone, but I'd think about bringing him back an a 6-7 role....guy has great wheels, you have to give him that...if they could just find him a reliable right-hand d-partner, it might work wonders for his game...as the guy showed in the Ottawa game, he is capable to stepping up on occasion....just too bad the way Willie has deployed him this year.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Realize the guy has been a tire fire in his own zone, but I'd think about bringing him back an a 6-7 role....guy has great wheels, you have to give him that...if they could just find him a reliable right-hand d-partner, it might work wonders for his game...as the guy showed in the Ottawa game, he is capable to stepping up on occasion....just too bad the way Willie has deployed him this year.

No.

We already have 1 trainwreck in Sbisa. Each D pairing shouldn't require a babysitter.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I thought that is why they value mentors. :sarcasm:

Just when you think Sbisa might finally be figuring it out, he has a game like the last one against the Sharks....just wow!....hot and ready pizza pops were back with a vengeance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad