Matt Bartkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
So Bartkowski has remained a Bruin.

First impressions after 9 games this season?

I don't know too much about him. He's got good speed and seems to be pretty comfortable skating with the puck. In the defensive zone he seems to mix it up nicely between defending with the stick and sealing off forwards on the end boards. He doesn't shy away from the tough areas of the game but he's not a real physical guy either.

Is he having a successful audition? It seems like Andy Brickley has been fairly impressed. Like Brickley, Bartkowski was a final round draft pick so he has overcome quite the odds to play in the NHL.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
So Bartkowski has remained a Bruin.

First impressions after 9 games this season?

I don't know too much about him. He's got good speed and seems to be pretty comfortable skating with the puck. In the defensive zone he seems to mix it up nicely between defending with the stick and sealing off forwards on the end boards.

Is he having a successful audition? It seems like Andy Brickley has been fairly impressed. Like Brickley, Bartkowski was a final round draft pick so he has overcome quite the odds to play in the NHL.

Ill be thrilled if we dont see him in the PO. A decent prospect just NRFPT yet.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I like him...needs to get stronger (Devils knocking him off the puck easily) but he can really move...moves the puck decent too. Definitely a 5-7 defenseman and future full time 23 guy on a roster.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
He's proven that he's an NHL player. I think he'll be a cheap replacement for Johnny Boychuk next season if/when the Bruins need to move salary. I'd have no problem with both Bartkowski and Krug on the NHL roster. Live with their occasional mistakes as they develop. They'll be a good infusion of youth and skating the the Bruins defense needs.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Who would of thought that we'd have this discussion after last year..

He's come along way since then

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
My take is that he keeps improving and that's all you can ask for. He still prone to a bad shift, but he's come quite a ways from his games last year and before when he was pretty bad. In the end, I'm glad they've hung on to him. He should be a good 6/7 next year.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
He's got the same size/profile as the Islanders Andrew MacDonald who is good at most things but is always going to have trouble with the power forwards in the league.

I hope that Bartkowski will be able to do enough good things to offset that.

Sometimes he scrambles around defensively which is to be expected with a young defenseman. He would do well to observe Seidenberg's positioning to try to learn from him.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
I like the fact that he can move the puck. Probably the best puck mover on teh team when its about carrying the puck out of the zone.

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
He seems to be skilled enough at this point that he's worth developing at the NHL level, despite the inevitable mistakes. I have no problem with Clause giving him ice time; it'll pay off in future dividends.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
He's improved. He might be a solid bottom pairing for this team next year. But I don't want to see him get too much time in the playoffs. I also want to see what Wedden brings before zero hour to know for sure if he';s a better or worse option than Matt B for depth.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
He kinda had my eyes pop a bit last night moving the puck up the wing, kids got some jets for his size and looked good there but as others have said he needs to be able to protect the puck better on D.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
with the failed Iginla trade and the fact Chia signed him to a one year one way deal as part of that trade, they are sort of stuck.

doubt he would clear waivers next year (witch I assume he would have to to be assigned to prov. with a one way deal? or can someone correct that?)

so its either he shows he can play and make the roster next year, or he shows he has trade value?

or I am way off and they send him to prov. next year with no worry of waivers? I have no idea really how that works with his new deal...?

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
He's improved. He might be a solid bottom pairing for this team next year. But I don't want to see him get too much time in the playoffs. I also want to see what Wedden brings before zero hour to know for sure if he';s a better or worse option than Matt B for depth.

funny, but when they showed the guys in the press box (I forget who, then Bergy then Redden) I saw Redden and wondered who the malnutritionioned guy next to Bergeron was..... dam did he look thin......

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
I don't think he will break out and get pierre's attention :naughty: until next year but he's a great depth guy for this playoff run.
He's got alot of qualities and to me the most prominent is the skating, offensive zone play and seidenberg like timing on the d-zone body checks.

Current downsides: Rookie mistakes and may have his brain full of butter.

Edit: I want the thin, oldish, handsome guy to get a couple of games during the regular season too.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
I don't think he will break out and get pierre's attention :naughty: until next year but he's a great depth guy for this playoff run.
He's got alot of qualities and to me the most prominent is the skating, offensive zone play and seidenberg like timing on the d-zone body checks.

Current downsides: Rookie mistakes and may have his brain full of butter.

What does that even mean?

OutspokenMinority*

Very pleasantly surprised by his development as a PMD. Dude can fly. Might not be strong enough to thrive in this system but he'll be an NHL player somewhere.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Really like what he has done offensively. Fast skater and good puck mover. I'm not impressed defensively, but that's expected in a rookie. I expect him to be sent down to the AHL during the playoffs, and he will help Providence in their playoff run.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Needs upper body strength and better positioning, but I'd say he's got a good shot at being a regular with cap constraints coming up. Getting invaluable experience right now, and should hit the gym in the summer in preparation of Ference's (surely inevitable) departure.

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine
My take is that he keeps improving and that's all you can ask for. He still prone to a bad shift, but he's come quite a ways from his games last year and before when he was pretty bad. In the end, I'm glad they've hung on to him. He should be a good 6/7 next year.

Good post. I feel the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad