Value of: Mats Zuccarello

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
I fully expect Zuccarello to gain the captaincy this upcoming season which means he’s on the trade block.

With the Rangers in full rebuild what types of forward or D prospects would be fair return for Zucc?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Late 1st (22-31) + B prospect + cap dump
Why a cap dump? We'd just retain on Zucc if the problem is fitting his cap. We're not taking a cap dumb unless the honey pot is very sweet. A first plus B prospect isn't cap dumb worthy.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Why a cap dump? We'd just retain on Zucc if the problem is fitting his cap. We're not taking a cap dumb unless the honey pot is very sweet. A first plus B prospect isn't cap dumb worthy.
I meant a 1-2 year cheap one like for example off my team-Kassian/Caggiula

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
He’s a much better player than Nash and Nash got an absolute haul
I don’t think teams see him the way we see him though, he’s a 55-60 point 2 way guy. Zucc is loved in the locker room and also doesn’t play a small mans game, he plays pretty aggressively and always tries to push around guys bigger than him. He mostly plays 2nd line as well and drives any line. I do think with better line mates he’d be a consistent 65 ish guy. Doesn’t really fit our timeline any more though
Should be

1st+B prospect (preferably RHS or a LW, also preferably close to NHL ready.)+like a 3rd

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
No way he is made captain. They either aren't putting the C on anyone this year or they are giving it to somoene that has more then 1 year left.

Reactions: haveandare

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
One of buffalos later firsts, bailey/baptiste, 3rd.

Starting offer.

I would probably want a better first as I think San Jose is going to be better this season. However, I'd take this if other first round picks weren't higher. Bailey is a big boy, just not sold on his skating. I don't do the deal with Baptiste. While he's the harder worker, it doesn't help the Rangers right now.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Could be an interesting player to watch. He is quite a talent for the Rangers. Think if he is traded he'd get them back a very good return.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I would probably want a better first as I think San Jose is going to be better this season. However, I'd take this if other first round picks weren't higher. Bailey is a big boy, just not sold on his skating. I don't do the deal with Baptiste. While he's the harder worker, it doesn't help the Rangers right now.
Baileys speed is the only nhl caliber trait he has right now imo

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Baileys speed is the only nhl caliber trait he has right now imo
His skating just doesn't seem smooth at all from what I've seen. The reward of a chance he can become a decent power forward seems better to me than what Baptiste can fill for us.

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
I really hope they don’t trade him. We need a veteran presence to act as an example for the youngsters. Zucc is the hardest working and most consistent player on this team outside of Hank, trading him would be devastating to the locker room.

Reactions: Hawaii Honu

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Stars need a scoring winger. If he’s on the market I’d offer 1st, Devin Shore, and a 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad