Value of: Mats Zuccarello

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Completely unrealistic target for the Senators, but I think he'd be such a good fit and could be part of a pretty deadly top-nine. What would it take from a Sens perspective? What are the Rangers needs?

Hoffman - Zibanejad - Zuc
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Z.Smith - Pageau - Stone

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
He's one of the most valuable players on the Rangers and he has a great contract - they can't afford to move him...

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Ottawa would offer a 2017 2nd, Cody Ceci and a decent forward prospect.

This seems pretty good. I was gonna say that the return we would need would be a young established player, an almost ready NHL prospect, and a 1st or a 2nd depending on the quality of the first two pieces/how cost controlled the young player is.

The same goes for Brassard and Nash.

And then we can trade Klein to EDM for a combo of Khaira/Slepyshev/Yakimov/Bear and a pick.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
He's one of the most valuable players on the Rangers and he has a great contract - they can't afford to move him...

He is, but he's not going to help us win a Cup, because our window is slammed shut. The longer we wait to rebuild, the older (and more depreciated) our most attractive assets get.

At least trading Zucc or someone like Klein would show some semblance of a direction or a plan to at least address our biggest organizational need: youth.

At this moment I'm not sure what the plan is. Going into the season with this mediocre core while the Metro and the East as a whole gets better is going to get us nowhere. Not good enough to win the Cup, not bad enough to draft in the top 5 where all the franchise changing talent is.

The definition of mediocrity, and just a giant waste of time.

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
Could there be something done with Cam Fowler for Zuccarello? Would be great for both teams, I suppose...? Ducks needs a versatile top6 forward and Rangers certainly need a PMD.

Don't really know who adds...

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Hi Wolfie!
True ^ but paradoxically succumbs to:

He is, but he's not going to help us win a Cup, because our window is slammed shut. The longer we wait to rebuild, the older (and more depreciated) our most attractive assets get.

At least trading Zucc or someone like Klein would show some semblance of a direction or a plan to at least address our biggest organizational need: youth.

At this moment I'm not sure what the plan is. Going into the season with this mediocre core while the Metro and the East as a whole gets better is going to get us nowhere. Not good enough to win the Cup, not bad enough to draft in the top 5 where all the franchise changing talent is.

The definition of mediocrity, and just a giant waste of time.

I believe Gorton is biding his time. Too many clubs thought they were still dealing w/Slats, or an AV who was getting his way with win now regardless of cost. The most salaried vet players, Sep, Brass, Zuc get dealt for increased potential which is younger. Nash will get dealt as soon as his stock goes up which may require he starts season w/Rangers. Klein is a bargain, he will go, likely to EDM, but not staight up for Yak, who is overrated; prob a package deal w/Fast and Lindberg for EDM 1st Yakimov and Yakupov. Staal will find a home outside AV system. Girardi stays unless Detr wants to do Raanta at half and G for Jimmy Howard. We then extend the young core.

just outside the ballpark of what I'd want. Also not sure it beats best offer of competition. Don't see Zuc at less than a 1st.

This seems pretty good. I was gonna say that the return we would need would be a young established player, an almost ready NHL prospect, and a 1st or a 2nd depending on the quality of the first two pieces/how cost controlled the young player is.

The same goes for Brassard and Nash.

And then we can trade Klein to EDM for a combo of Khaira/Slepyshev/Yakimov/Bear and a pick.

Concur except on the Oiler deal I'd rather do my package for their 1st + Yak + Yak.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Could there be something done with Cam Fowler for Zuccarello? Would be great for both teams, I suppose...? Ducks needs a versatile top6 forward and Rangers certainly need a PMD.

Anaheim would definitely be the one adding here, Zuccarello's value is far greater then Fowler's is. Still don't think this makes to much sense for the Rangers. Zuccarello is a top line winger and i seriously doubt that Fowler brings all that much to the table for the Rags compared to what you would be losing moving Zuccs.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Anaheim would definitely be the one adding here, Zuccarello's value is far greater then Fowler's is. Still don't think this makes to much sense for the Rangers. Zuccarello is a top line winger and i seriously doubt that Fowler brings all that much to the table for the Rags compared to what you would be losing moving Zuccs.

I think that the rangers add.

It's only $500K but Fowler's cap hit is less, but the big reason is that I think there are less d-men available than wingers. More of a supply and demand thing

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

Why exactly would Ottawa do this??

Make our defense ( the weakest part of out team) worse. For another forward, the strongest part of our team.

And after the Larsson-Hall deal i think Zucc for Ceci straight across is the more realistic value. Although i wouldnt do it for the reasons stated above

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I think that the rangers add.

It's only $500K but Fowler's cap hit is less, but the big reason is that I think there are less d-men available than wingers. More of a supply and demand thing

NYR would never do it. Cam Fowler isnt anything more than a top 4 and he is a LH something NYR doesnt need. Not interested in Fowler at all.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

Anaheim would have to add a lot even if made sense for the Rangers. Zuccarello is a top line winger signed to one of the best deals in the entire league.

Fowler plays left side, which the Rangers don't need unless Staal is going in return as there would be a logjam there.

No thanks.

SlingshotVv

arm-bar all the things
Sep 28, 2009
Colonia, NJ
I don't see how the Rangers can entertain moving him outside of gross mismanagement by a trading partner.

Produces on every line he's been put on.
Elevates the game play of those around him.
Huge compete level.
Great contract.

The best return we can get would probably be a lateral move.

Akhurite

Feb 3, 2014
Toronto,ON
Completely unrealistic target for the Senators, but I think he'd be such a good fit and could be part of a pretty deadly top-nine. What would it take from a Sens perspective? What are the Rangers needs?

Hoffman - Zibanejad - Zuc
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Z.Smith - Pageau - Stone

Why is your best forward on your 3rd line?

Group Chat Legend*

I don't see how the Rangers can entertain moving him outside of gross mismanagement by a trading partner.

Produces on every line he's been put on.
Elevates the game play of those around him.
Huge compete level.
Great contract.

The best return we can get would probably be a lateral move.

Rangers should be retooling, if not rebuilding.

get a great haul for him now while he has term.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Why is your best forward on your 3rd line?
Because the reigning stanley cup champs had there 2nd best(some would say best) forward in the playoffs on the third line in kessel. Stone would eat the secondary competition alive, but personally i would think if the sens wanted to go down this route and have three offensive lines than have ryan on the third. He's the worst player of the 3 rw in this situation, and he would get easier pairings and less defensive pressure. This would actually be a great deal for the sens. Method, Phaneuf, Karlsson(best dmen in the league imo), and add a guy like chabot, and you have a soild to strong top 4 to go along with a real nice top 9, and two good prospects in white and brown being able to replace macarthur and smith within 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad