Pre-Game Talk: matinée Oilers vs Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

oiler4ever

Jul 29, 2004
Windsor
Oilers needed that win. Not sure the team a year ago at this time would've overcome the Drew Stafford goal that made it 2-1
@Bob_Stauffer

I would have agree with Bob if this was a victory against the Bruins.

Captain Ference in, and who will come out?

Marincin? or Niikitin?

I dont see Aulie coming out with his impressive +4

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I wouldn't mind seeing a more mobile D against the Rangers. We can sit Aulie and Nikitin. Ference is a lock to play so I don't see much point in considering that one.

I wouldn't mind sitting Nikitin just to shake that guy up a bit.

With everyone coming back wouldn't we be sending Klef back down eventually?

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Positive for the Oilers
Negative for the Oilers

Rangers have structure and process.
Rangers have talented defenseman and goaltenders
Rangers have good forwards.

Rangers have Dan Boyle and Ryan McDonagh injured
Rangers played on Saturday

Oilers are a disorganized mess
Oilers can't defend or get a save
Oilers can't score if your name isn't Hall or Nuge.
Oilers have Hall injured and Marincin may or may not be in the line up.

Oilers did not play on Saturday.

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
Avery must have said something, uh, offensive to Theo Peckham, right?

Speaking of fun 00's brawls, how about the legendary Thrasher line brawl that featured Mike Bashai fighting from Atlanta's bench.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Oilers needed that win. Not sure the team a year ago at this time would've overcome the Drew Stafford goal that made it 2-1
@Bob_Stauffer

I would have agree with Bob if this was a victory against the Bruins.

Captain Ference in, and who will come out?

Marincin? or Niikitin?

I dont see Aulie coming out with his impressive +4

I was pleasantly surprised at how steady Aulie was as a bottom pairing guy. I have no problem keeping him in if they only want to replace 1 dman to put Ference back in. Nikitin and/or Schultz were god damn nightmares and either could sit and I'd be happy.

I'd prefer to see Ference in for Aulie on the bottom pairing, and Klefbom in for Nikitin though.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
This was the day Sam Gagner became my Favorite Oiler.

Ya he sure taught Kesler a lesson when he humped his leg. Kesler laughed about the fight later saying how he let up because he didn't want to hurt the little feller.

Really wish it could have been Penner that got a hold of him

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Ya he sure taught Kesler a lesson when he humped his leg. Kesler laughed about the fight later saying how he let up because he didn't want to hurt the little feller.

The thing was that he stepped up and asserted himself, not the results. And of course Kesler would say that, it's Ryan ****in Kesler.

Eirhead*

No better place than New York for Yakupov to have a breakout game.

Jun 22, 2009

lol, great analysis. Point being he was an 18 year old kid who was like 160 pounds. Non of the ***** kids on this team now would have ever mustered up the courage to do that. Halls the only one. Eberle skates off into an empty corner when ever there's a scrum so he can avoid getting face washed. For **** sakes they let Ryan Smyth fight Kesler the day he was retiring. They were all on the ice. It's a huge reason the Oilers suck, nobody in there top 6 even finishes there hits, let alone scrums after a whistle, its so easy to play the Oilers compared to a team like the Jets. Not trying to say Sam Gagner epitomizes the image of fear for his opponents, but the kid was never afraid to muck it up, you gotta give him that.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
lol, great analysis. Point being he was an 18 year old kid who was like 160 pounds. Non of the ***** kids on this team now would have ever mustered up the courage to do that. Halls the only one. Eberle skates off into an empty corner when ever there's a scrum so he can avoid getting face washed. For **** sakes they let Ryan Smyth fight Kesler the day he was retiring. They were all on the ice. It's a huge reason the Oilers suck, nobody in there top 6 even finishes there hits, let alone scrums after a whistle, its so easy to play the Oilers compared to a team like the Jets. Not trying to say Sam Gagner epitomizes the image of fear for his opponents, but the kid was never afraid to muck it up, you gotta give him that.

yeah, except one of those kids (rnh) already did what Gagner did this year so........

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If we lose another four straight... will anything change?

This is a joke.

Eakins should have been fired after that last game.

Eakins has the players shooting from all the wrong places. All those shots we had against Buffalo... well 2/3 of them were meaningless.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Not expecting great things tomorrow. Rangers will be mad at the loss this past evening and will be looking to take advantage of a bad Oilers game.

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
he his a shill

there is a difference

so are the rest of the people in town. they just dont get paid by the team to do it.

we could go back and look at all the trash articles on oilers nation of people supporting crap players we all knew were crap, etc, etc.

regardless if Stauffer has to "PLAY" the shill sometimes, he isnt that naive deep down

second, it's easy as hell to be the critical mouth of vomit and manure when the organization blows this bad. it's not clever, "smarter than thou" or even elucidating anymore. it's as tired and boring as the team but i suppose that's all the wise fans are afforded.

lauder73

May 9, 2011
@Bob_Stauffer: Ference-Schultz, Nikitin-Petry, Fayne-Aulie are Oilers D. Same forward lines

This should be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad