Confirmed with Link: Mathieu Perreault (1 Year @ $950K)

Jul 6, 2016
smh people wanted to put him in the ahl before last night

act like he scored 5 games in a row 2goals + 1assists against a non bottom 3 team in the nhl.

We'll see in the western trip , im happy for his 3 goals but my god it was Detroit.
Dude was also invisible in all the last games he played even in the preseason.

Plays 1 good game = we told you he was good why are you saying blablabla

If the hat trick would had been scored by Caufield or Suzuki, you would jump all over the place.

Reactions: Marc BergeFan

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
What stretch?lol he was a healthy scratch 2 games ago…let’s calm down with the extension talks maybe
That's why I said he was invisible before last night. I just hope he continues putting up those points. The Habs might be able to flip him at the deadline. Knowing MB though, he might sign him at a Byron similar type deal, handcuffing the Habs even more.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
wow you wait until he scored a hat trick against 1 of the worst team in the league to reply to me
what a great coincidence , this entire board wanted him in the ahl before last game.

He scored a hat trick so did Poehling

quick 6 years 6.5m extension
Yes it was against one of the worst teams in the NHL .
It's the first time since Damphousse in 1996, that a Habs player scored a hat trick here in Montreal. Does that mean that we never face "one of the worst team of the NHL" during all those years ?
It was a special moment for the crowd, a life time dream for Perreault , but you try to turn this moment into some banality. Classless

No, the entire board didn't want him in the AHL. You and your vocal friends are not the ENTIRE board.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
He just scored 3 goals last night. But oh wait, he's from Drummundville, in Qc province, so he's only there to please the quebecois fans, lol.

If you don’t think that his heritage played a factor in Bergie offering him a contract….

He showed some real speed and had a lot of great shots last night. I hope to see more of that, and hear the crowd cheer his name some more!

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Yes it was against one of the worst teams in the NHL .
It's the first time since Damphousse in 1996, that a Habs player scored a hat trick here in Montreal. Does that mean that we never face "one of the worst team of the NHL" during all those years ?
It was a special moment for the crowd, a life time dream for Perreault , but you try to turn this moment into some banality. Classless

No, the entire board didn't want him in the AHL. You and your vocal friends are not the ENTIRE board.

Its the last time a Québécois scored a hat trick in Montreal. There was plenty of times it happened, just think of Ryan Poehlong or Max Pacioretty or even Michael Ryder in the epic comeback vs the Rangers

Montreal Canadiens Hat Tricks | Hockey-Reference.com

Reactions: Habs Halifax

tnq

Feb 16, 2004
Come on, the guy is 0.5 point per match ratio, it is more than respectable. Only 6 players in this team have better ratio go/p than him.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
happy for him and the dude is like what the f*** i get to play with caufield and toffoli. how did this happen?
that being said, i don't see him as anything more than a 4th line C/F
and bergevin still needs to trade for one

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Regardless what I think of him as a player,happy for him that he could have such a wonderful memory.

DismalHauntingArgentineruddyduck-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
What I fear is the rest of the team will see their personal stats before the team. They see that 'nobody' player of the 4th line (sorry for Perreault) scoring 3 goals so the next games they will want to score despite the teamate play. I'm thinking about Zuki, CC and Toff. They have to forget personal stats and play a good system as a team.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
What I fear is the rest of the team will see their personal stats before the team. They see that 'nobody' player of the 4th line (sorry for Perreault) scoring 3 goals so the next games they will want to score despite the teamate play. I'm thinking about Zuki, CC and Toff. They have to forget personal stats and play a good system as a team.
Your fear is not necessary

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Loved his signing with the habs from the get go............really think he will be a good player for us this year!!
The hat trick was awesome for him and the team!!!
Hoping he continues to get a chance at some good TOI and linemantes.

Jul 6, 2016
Hopefully, he will stabilize the third line center position for a little while. I don't think Evans will ever be more than a 4th liner with concussions' issues.

Reactions: Marc BergeFan

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Its the last time a Québécois scored a hat trick in Montreal. There was plenty of times it happened, just think of Ryan Poehlong or Max Pacioretty or even Michael Ryder in the epic comeback vs the Rangers

Montreal Canadiens Hat Tricks | Hockey-Reference.com
You're right, my bad for the way i said it . But it doesn't change my point anyway.

One thing i really appreciate was how the crowd have reacted. It was an amazing moment for Perreault.

Reactions: HabsQC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad