Player Discussion Mathieu Joseph (RW)

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I don't agree about formenton. It's more and more looking like nothing is coming from the team canada situation. Every single other player that was there is still playing. Dorion should have treated formenton like everyone else innocent until proven guilty. But he didn't and now he's gone so I think if canada players get cleared. I see no reason why he can't come back.
Such a dumb take.

Dorion offered him his QO knowing full well that he was in trouble. Formenton’s camp could have accepted the offer and played, but they didn’t.

They didn’t, and haven’t said a single thing about anything because he is obviously not welcome to play in the league until there is closure.

The mere fact that the HC issue isn’t closed yet shouldn’t be taken as evidence that nothing will come of it, it should be taken as evidence that there is a will to make absolutely sure that all evidence is gathered and considered. The ever so obvious speculation is that Formy is JD1, which would obviously explain why he would be treated differently than everyone else.

This is all under a microscope by the public and the government. Foolish for a fan to think that it boils down to an NHL GM not signing the guy when it is sooooo obvious given the absolute lack of complaining from the players camp, questions from the media, and news from the team, that this is very serious.

In fact I find it gross that some fans put the guy playing on their team above being patient and waiting to see the outcome of the criminal investigation into the sexual assault of a young girl.

Reactions: CorrectOpinion

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Such a dumb take.

Dorion offered him his QO knowing full well that he was in trouble. Formenton’s camp could have accepted the offer and played, but they didn’t.

They didn’t, and haven’t said a single thing about anything because he is obviously not welcome to play in the league until there is closure.

The mere fact that the HC issue isn’t closed yet shouldn’t be taken as evidence that nothing will come of it, it should be taken as evidence that there is a will to make absolutely sure that all evidence is gathered and considered. The ever so obvious speculation is that Formy is JD1, which would obviously explain why he would be treated differently than everyone else.

This is all under a microscope by the public and the government. Foolish for a fan to think that it boils down to an NHL GM not signing the guy when it is sooooo obvious given the absolute lack of complaining from the players camp, questions from the media, and news from the team, that this is very serious.

In fact I find it gross that some fans put the guy playing on their team above being patient and waiting to see the outcome of the criminal investigation into the sexual assault of a young girl.

So many conclusions already drawn here. Due process is a thing. Until the investigation is concluded, this is an equally dumb take.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
So many conclusions already drawn here. Due process is a thing. Until the investigation is concluded, this is an equally dumb take.
Not a dumb take.
Can you think of another situation in NHL history where a promising 21 year old player coming off an 18 goal season didn't get a contract, disappeared from the league and you heard nothing about it from himself, his agent and virtually nothing from his team? Hint; it's never happened before.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Not a dumb take.
Can you think of another situation in NHL history where a promising 21 year old player coming off an 18 goal season didn't get a contract, disappeared from the league and you heard nothing about it from himself, his agent and virtually nothing from his team? Hint; it's never happened before.

What's your point? Due process is still a thing.

Also, this is going way off topic lol

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Joseph is so good this season
does everything with a lot of attention to details in the D zone

Only player on the hot seat at the beginning of the season really and now best player on the team

But no need for making them accountable hey
In the speed of the moment, his attention to detail in catching Larkin in exactly the right spot to cause him to pass out is simply amazing

#hockeysenseoffthecharts

Reactions: DrEasy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I don't agree about formenton. It's more and more looking like nothing is coming from the team canada situation. Every single other player that was there is still playing. Dorion should have treated formenton like everyone else innocent until proven guilty. But he didn't and now he's gone so I think if canada players get cleared. I see no reason why he can't come back.
That's an interesting point. I've forgotten half the details about this situation but other than Formenton not being signed, is there anything that points to him being JD1? Seriously, had we just signed him, he'd be playing like every other guy is and waiting to see what happens

Such a dumb take.

Pretty sure the objective behind offering a QO is to retain rights

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That's an interesting point. I've forgotten half the details about this situation but other than Formenton not being signed, is there anything that points to him being JD1? Seriously, had we just signed him, he'd be playing like every other guy is and waiting to see what happens

Pretty sure the objective behind offering a QO is to retain rights
Both sides blew it. He thought the sens would treat him like every other team treated their guys, they didnt. But he was certainly worth more than his QO had this situation not come to light at such poor time for the senators and Formenton. He should have just signed it in retrospect/Ottawa should have played ball. But that management team and ownership is completely gone now, so I would hope that Formenton would be open to working with this group assuming nothing comes of this. No reason for hard feelings no one is still here.

Reactions: JD1

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Both sides blew it. He thought the sens would treat him like every other team treated their guys, they didnt. But he was certainly worth more than his QO had this situation not come to light at such poor time for the senators and Formenton. He should have just signed it in retrospect/Ottawa should have played ball. But that management team and ownership is completely gone now, so I would hope that Formenton would be open to working with this group assuming nothing comes of this. No reason for hard feelings no one is still here.
This team seems terrified of what the NHL will do to them if they did something like that. Seeing the aftermath of the Dadonov fiasco I can't blame them.

But having a player in limbo for two years waiting for the conclusion of an inquiry is not fair to the player or the team.

Reactions: JD1

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I’ve said it a million times. It’s down to proving that the guys don’t know that she’s wasn’t consenting when they gang banged the drunk girl in the hotel room.

Even if it can’t be proven that they knew, then due process will keep them out of jail.

But here is the thing; they still gang banged a drunk girl in the hotel room. And not one of them presumably gave enough of a shit about her to see or find out if she was ok with being gangf***ed and spat on.

So yeah, due process will be applied and they may not be punished legally. But the behaviour occurred regardless and it not something I could see a business wanting to get behind by signing the presumed ringleader.

And that’s just it, JD1 is a lot worse than the rest of the people who were there, and if it was Formy. Yeah, no thanks.

But you do you.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I’ve said it a million times. It’s down to proving that the guys don’t know that she’s wasn’t consenting when they gang banged the drunk girl in the hotel room.

Even if it can’t be proven that they knew, then due process will keep them out of jail.

But here is the thing; they still gang banged a drunk girl in the hotel room. And not one of them presumably gave enough of a shit about her to see or find out if she was ok with being gangf***ed and spat on.

So yeah, due process will be applied and they may not be punished legally. But the behaviour occurred regardless and it not something I could see a business wanting to get behind by signing the presumed ringleader.

And that’s just it, JD1 is a lot worse than the rest of the people who were there, and if it was Formy. Yeah, no thanks.

But you do you.

We don't know who the f*** JD1 is, that was the only point I wanted to make about due process. Assuming it's Formy beforehand isn't fair. Let's wait for more information before we hang him. If he's the ringleader, then yeah, f*** his career.

Lastly, for you to imply that I'm fine with what happened by that very last comment.. stay classy.

Back to the Joseph topic now before the mod's slap us.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
This team seems terrified of what the NHL will do to them if they did something like that. Seeing the aftermath of the Dadonov fiasco I can't blame them.

But having a player in limbo for two years waiting for the conclusion of an inquiry is not fair to the player or the team.
I could be wrong but there may be a third party involved who deserves your consideration.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
We don't know who the f*** JD1 is, that was the only point I wanted to make about due process. Assuming it's Formy beforehand isn't fair. Let's wait for more information before we hang him. If he's the ringleader, then yeah, f*** his career.

Lastly, for you to imply that I'm fine with what happened by that very last comment.. stay classy.

Back to the Joseph topic now before the mod's slap us.
I didn’t imply anything, your posts seem to speak for themselves.

As for assuming Formy is JD1, it sure looks like it though, given the singularly strange behaviour from all parties involved in his NHL career (not even a peep from the NHLPA), but it’s not really the be all end all.

As far as I’m concerned if he was part of the gangbang I don’t want him back on the team regardless of whether the crown decides that they can’t prove that the guys knew she didn’t want to be there.

It’s been my point the whole time. Bros that gangbang drunk solo girls are a terrible look for a business to hitch its wagon to, all the deplorable social issues aside.

Some posters in here clearly don’t have a problem with that. You can decide where you stand obviously.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I didn’t imply anything, your posts seem to speak for themselves.

As for assuming Formy is JD1, it sure looks like it though, given the singularly strange behaviour from all parties involved in his NHL career (not even a peep from the NHLPA), but it’s not really the be all end all.

As far as I’m concerned if he was part of the gangbang I don’t want him back on the team regardless of whether the crown decides that they can’t prove that the guys knew she didn’t want to be there.

It’s been my point the whole time. Bros that gangbang drunk solo girls are a terrible look for a business to hitch its wagon to, all the deplorable social issues aside.

Some posters in here clearly don’t have a problem with that. You can decide where you stand obviously.

“But you do you” seems implicit to me. Regardless, it wasn’t necessary.

My posts speaking on this topic are that we should wait for more information and not jump to conclusions, which I’m cool with. Is the Formy situation weird AF? Definitely.

And I’m done with this topic.

Reactions: Bileur

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
“But you do you” seems implicit to me. Regardless, it wasn’t necessary.

My posts speaking on this topic are that we should wait for more information and not jump to conclusions, which I’m cool with. Is the Formy situation weird AF? Definitely.

And I’m done with this topic.
You’re taking the statement in a way that speaks to you, not how it was meant.

It was a flippant acknowledgement of differing opinions, while being dismissive of yours. Not the classiest of retorts, sure, but not implying anything more than that.

Nothing more nothing less, and yes let’s move on.

Reactions: h2

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It’s so bizarre how everyone is after Joseph for the Larkin incident.

Watching the replay its clear as day that it was Kelly who dealt the KO blow.

Neither were malicious but if you’re going to pick someone to be mad at, be mad at Kelly.
Kelly just happened to be doing his job going to the puck in front of the net and Larkin fell into him. Should not have been a penalty.

Frankly I was happy to see a forward play physical in front of our goal as they mostly go fishing there.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
The toxic Sens "fan" on Twitter should be named

What did the tweet say?

Seems weird to take a run at the guy on HF without the tweet for reference.

Kelly just happened to be doing his job going to the puck in front of the net and Larkin fell into him. Should not have been a penalty.

Frankly I was happy to see a forward play physical in front of our goal as they mostly go fishing there.

I agree. I’m just saying it was his hand that delivered the KO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad