Mathews, Stamkos, Laine, Puljujarvi

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
With the Leafs luck they won't win the lottery, but i'm predicting they win #2 (because isn't that so Leafs). Don't think Stamkos signs here.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
In my opinion, I think one of Edmonton, Calgary or Columbus will win the lottery and get Matthews. I think we win either the 2nd or 3rd pick. At second we take Laine, at third I would take Chychrun.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
You can't really target some of these guys.

I mean I'm sure the Leafs would love Matthews but if we draw #2 or #5 in the lottery, it doesn't really matter because we're only able to work with what is made available to us.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
If you have stamkos there it should be a multi option poll... good chance of a top 3 pick, and also a chance at stammer.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
.... ummm... what..

so predict which pick 1,2 or 3 the Leafs get? or if they get Stamkos.

what if they get a player and Stamkos? Does the player get precedence because he was drafted before Stamkos was signed?

silly thread.

Leafsbeast*

If you have stamkos there it should be a multi option poll... good chance of a top 3 pick, and also a chance at stammer.

I agree, but I wanted to keep it simple.

I chose Laine by the way.....and Stammer on July 1st

BillP

Oct 24, 2012
Canada
Matthews. I'll never understand why leafs fans want Stamkos as if we didn't learn our lesson with lupul, Phaneuf, Clarkson, kessel etc. A less than ppg player that's gonna fetch upwards of 10 m/year with tons of term on the open market. Wanting to make a free agent splash every year while hoping to trade heart & soul guys like Leo is why the leafs got in to this mess and Lou isnt gonna be around forever to make horrible contracts disappear. That said, my faith is in management and I trust them to make the right move, if that includes Stamkos then so be it.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
should be a multiple choice poll since multiple of these things can happen. Who wins draft lottery has nothing to do with Stamkos

Leafsbeast*

Haha so you think 2 options are correct...and you choose 2..but no one else can?

You can choose whoever you want. You are not tied down, but you can only pick one on the poll and the question is "who do you think the Leafs will pick"?

So like most threads, we choose the poll we want, then talk about it in this thread. People are allowed to say what they want and if thats "Stamkos to follow" then so be it.

Be brave young padowin and try not to pick apart the world so you feel good. :)

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
The Leafs will have a hell of a team finishing below the Oilers, even in spite of all the recent injuries/departure of Phaneuf/additions of even more scrubs in Cowen and Greening.

Lou will need to really dig deep here: The Oilers have being a garbage team pretty much perfected at this point. I'll be disgusted if the win the first draft lottery, but I can see it happening.

I think BUF may finish ahead of TOR, however. Hopefully CLB has another hot streak to end the season.

If the Leafs finish second last, it'll REALLY suck if they miss out on a top two pick. If they don't win the first pick, I'd be very happy with Laine.

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
I chose who I want (Matthews) because we can neither predict where the Leafs will finish in the standing or how the balls will fall.

I think we are being asked to weigh the odds. Based on the inherent uncertainty of the draft lottery results coupled with the Leafs final place in the standings also being an unknown, the most logical answer for me is Stamkos. I don't anticipate Tampa's ownership strong-arming Yzerman into over paying to keep Stammer with the Bolts. Leafs have everything but a good hockey team with which to entice 91 to sign in Toronto. And that'll come in the next couple years.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I chose who I want (Matthews) because we can neither predict where the Leafs will finish in the standing or how the balls will fall.

Even if we are dead last it's only 20% chance of getting Mathews. I'd say it's 50/50 on us getting Stamkos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad