Recalled/Assigned: Matheson Recalled

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Sucks, Kampfer has been good.

Kampfer has been very good, but at the same time he's been "injured" for a while. If he can come back, then great, otherwise, get him the surgery he needs.

In the meantime, this is a perfect opportunity for Matheson. There's no pressure on this game and a chance for him to get some more experience.

I assume Gudbranson will be at the least ready for Game 1, if not Kampfer. And unless Matheson really impresses, I would assume they would sooner have Dylan Olsen play as the 6th D for sheer experience alone. This also assumes that Mitchell does not come back, and he probably shouldn't if he his health is in that much danger.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Kampfer has been very good, but at the same time he's been "injured" for a while. If he can come back, then great, otherwise, get him the surgery he needs.

In the meantime, this is a perfect opportunity for Matheson. There's no pressure on this game and a chance for him to get some more experience.

I assume Gudbranson will be at the least ready for Game 1, if not Kampfer. And unless Matheson really impresses, I would assume they would sooner have Dylan Olsen play as the 6th D for sheer experience alone. This also assumes that Mitchell does not come back, and he probably shouldn't if he his health is in that much danger.

I agree he's been very good, but wasn't it a knee injury he's been playing through?

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Put me in minority that I thought he played very well in his first call up. I think he can out play Kindl and possibly Kampfer too in playoffs if he stays up.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Put me in minority that I thought he played very well in his first call up. I think he can out play Kindl and possibly Kampfer too in playoffs if he stays up.

+1. Give him the opportunity and if he falters, keep him here to soak up as much as he can. Send him back down for the playoffs with Portland when need be. Don't see how this guy isn't fighting for the 6/7th spot next year.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
We should give him a lot of minutes and put him in all situations in the Hurricanes game to see what he can do/if we should callup someone else like Dylan Olsen.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
We should give him a lot of minutes and put him in all situations in the Hurricanes game to see what he can do/if we should callup someone else like Dylan Olsen.

Players should be moved based on performance after five or so games than just one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad