WWE: Masters of the Mic

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Anyone else catch this on the network from time to time as filler?

Man oh man, this is better than half the programming they have... just watched Paul Heyman's "You Stole My Legacy" bit from 2001... holy crap... Heyman is one of the absolute best ever.... GOAT.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Is that one of those things they throw on when a show ends at 9:52 to fill the 8 minute gap until 10:00? Would love to see more of a show of this type.

I know they are all on YouTube, but I'd watch a 1/2 hour show of just Flair promos from the WCW show in the mid to late 80s.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Heyman is really one of those rare talents you can throw In a ring for 20 minutes and he will spin gold.

Believe The Rock is also one of the rare talents.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The Rock and Heyman know how to work a crowd and people eat it up and listen to every word these guys have to say. Truly impressive how good and comfortable they are on the mic no matter the situation.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Is that one of those things they throw on when a show ends at 9:52 to fill the 8 minute gap until 10:00? Would love to see more of a show of this type.

I know they are all on YouTube, but I'd watch a 1/2 hour show of just Flair promos from the WCW show in the mid to late 80s.

That's exactly what it is - and they definitely need to make a full show out of it. Honestly, it was the best thing I've watched on the network outside of PPV's in quite a while... while I understand the need and market for something like Total Divas and Legends House, something like this as a full 1/2 hour show would be awesome for those of us who truly appreciate great mic work.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Confession: I watch a Flair promo pretty much every day because it always puts me in a good mood.

S A W F T*

John Cena.

There, I said it.

John Cena is a great promo, always has been. He just needs a ****ing character change. Everyone but 5-13 year olds are sick of his annoying "beat all odds" nonsense that he's been booked with for the last 10 years.

ace4

Mar 11, 2014
I still think Foley had the best promos.

His promos as Mankind never get the respect they deserve. He is such a good actor that he made you believe that he was that character in real life.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Dusty could talk. Holy crap the man was a master.

Dusty was a different kind of awesome. He possessed the greatest mic skill of all - the ability to relate to people, and make them feel like you're one of them.

That's why Austin's character was so effective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad