TV: MasterChef 2023 - United Tastes Of America

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i like subha as in he entertains me and he seems to be good at cook. but if the winner is set to go work at one of Gordons restaurants then he should have been gone by now.

im okay with fred gone he has the same problem. hes shy and hes more into baking.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Bri looks like she got out of Valyria just in time. Its obvious why they are keeping her around. I like Subha but hes running out of lives.

If he's learned to plate now ("Did you ask Bri to help you with plating?"), maybe he can learn to work in a quick tempo kitchen.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Dorian, Sarah Noah and Jamie look good so far...not sure where this notion of a weak season is coming from. Once bri finally leaves it should get good

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
If he's learned to plate now ("Did you ask Bri to help you with plating?"), maybe he can learned to work in a quick tempo kitchen.
Subha does not have the personality to work in a kitchen. I'm not sure if you've ever worked in one, but he would get eaten alive, just as he has in every team challenge. He is a talented homecook, but he should have no chance at being Masterchef with his lack of skill in a kitchen environment.

Right now I would put Dorian and Jamie at the top, Sarah/Noah/Nick/Mycah/Shari in a group after them, Subha and Bri as the clear weak links.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Bri talks like a Kardashian.
THIS

I've been more than annoyed every time she opens her mouth to speak. That whole you know "talk like thisssss....like everything has a question mark at the end of itttttt...with an upward inflectionnnn...at the end of every sentenceeeee" ugh....

I've often kidded & suggested that there must be some other reason she's still on the show, cause it appears to be it has nothing to do with her cooking abilities.

Reactions: TNT87

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Subha does not have the personality to work in a kitchen. I'm not sure if you've ever worked in one, but he would get eaten alive, just as he has in every team challenge. He is a talented homecook, but he should have no chance at being Masterchef with his lack of skill in a kitchen environment.

Right now I would put Dorian and Jamie at the top, Sarah/Noah/Nick/Mycah/Shari in a group after them, Subha and Bri as the clear weak links.

Yeah, he's too "kind" or individualist type of a cook. Likes to cook at his own tempo and style.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
THIS

I've been more than annoyed every time she opens her mouth to speak. That whole you know "talk like thisssss....like everything has a question mark at the end of itttttt...with an upward inflectionnnn...at the end of every sentenceeeee" ugh....

I've often kidded & suggested that there must be some other reason she's still on the show, cause it appears to be it has nothing to do with her cooking abilities.

The area where she has nailed it most of the time has been plating. She can definitely cook but her limits are beginning to show.

She does come off a bit like a "reality tv star" but when you actually listen to her, it's clear she's way too shy or "sweet" for that. Or to but it bluntly, too normal/boring.

Edit: I just want to add, the fact that she became such good friends with Fred, speaks more about her personality/character than the way she looks or talks.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
THIS

I don't notice that I just notice that she keeps being put up for elimination so eventually she's got to go soon. She's not very good.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
It may have tasted great but Dorian damn near wins the week because she put a slice of her pie in a cool sphere that she found in the pantry? That was very weak.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It may have tasted great but Dorian damn near wins the week because she put a slice of her pie in a cool sphere that she found in the pantry? That was very weak.

I was also losing my mind over this.. she made a cake and put it in a sphere she found.

Like, why not bake a nice pie, unscrew a light fixture and lay it in that?

0 creativity

Reactions: BGDDYKWL

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I agree that was weird, it was a neat presentation but didn't add much to the dish.

Nick could win this thing, seems to have all the technical skills, works well in a kitchen environment. Will just have to get of his own way as he sometimes gets a little too ambitious.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
I am sold that they created that plating competition at that very time just for Bri, in order to keep her in the competition. We have begun to mute the TV anytime she opens her mouth to talk, or has a planned crying fit.

Sep 19, 2008
bri "this competition means the world to me i want it to change my life" :cry:

everyone else "I just hope I did well"

Sep 19, 2008
Damn the late rounds are tough. Good people going. :(

Lol at who he said would become MC. If that happens it would be hilarious;

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Man, that's tough for Jamie. One bad appearance and he's gone, Bri been bad for like 4/5 last challenges. To be fair though, his sausage looked awful.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
This is the problem I have with a lot of these shows. If you've beaten someone on nine straight challenges, then lose one, you can go home. Previous performance should factor into the decision.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This is the problem I have with a lot of these shows. If you've beaten someone on nine straight challenges, then lose one, you can go home. Previous performance should factor into the decision.

Like when Terry went home because someone gave him canned Salmon instead of real salmon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad