Confirmed with Link: Mason Primeau signed to ELC

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He did get some time in the ECHL.

They needed to sign him by 5/31 or lose him back to the draft.

He must have been really good in those ECHL games because all he brings to the table is size at C.

I guess this means Duke isn't coming back. They're already at 43 contracts for next year.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
He must have been really good in those ECHL games because all he brings to the table is size at C.

I guess this means Duke isn't coming back. They're already at 43 contracts for next year.

That fact alone is good. I can't believe Duke has stuck around so long. I know nostalgia and all but he never amounted to anything. Primeau may not either, but at least he's got some development time ahead of him.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
That fact alone is good. I can't believe Duke has stuck around so long. I know nostalgia and all but he never amounted to anything. Primeau may not either, but at least he's got some development time ahead of him.

I think they're jumping the gun on some of these signings. Marushev doesn't look to be anything special, and Hayes hasn't been good since they inked him. 3 years is a long time to commit to a kid you don't have a spot in the lineup for. They barely played Kallionkieli, Elvenes was on the 4th line in the Pacific finals and Jones keeps getting stuck on the 4th line as well. They need to give some of these kids some leeway and room to grow.

Leschyshyn has showed almost no hands since turning pro. I think he and Duke are the odd men out. Quinney, Rondbjerg, Jones and Cotter all have 4th line C potential and out of them I think Jones has the highest upside.

I'd rather they try and sign a kid like Barre-Boulet (who was an invite but they let slip away).

Last edited:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I think they're jumping the gun on some of these signings. Marushev doesn't look to be anything special, and Hayes hasn't been good since they inked him. 3 years is a long time to commit to a kid you don't have a spot in the lineup for. They barely played Kallionkieli, Elvenes was on the 4th line in the Pacific finals and Jones keeps getting stuck on the 4th line as well. They need to give some of these kids some leeway and room to grow.

I'd rather they try and sign a kid like Barre-Boulet (who was an invite but they let slip away).

Remember the organization here. They seemed married to the idea of having a big physical 4th line so players who could fill that role down the road will always get the benefit of the doubt like we saw with Koleslaw this year. If they changed their philosophy and made the fourth line a lot more focused on true two-way play then its reasonable to think the last few contracts should go to players with some offensive upside.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Remember the organization here. They seemed married to the idea of having a big physical 4th line so players who could fill that role down the road will always get the benefit of the doubt like we saw with Koleslaw this year. If they changed their philosophy and made the fourth line a lot more focused on true two-way play then its reasonable to think the last few contracts should go to players with some offensive upside.

Are...are they allowed to do that?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Leschyshyn has showed almost no hands since turning pro. I think he and Duke are the odd men out. Quinney, Rondbjerg, Jones and Cotter all have 4th line C potential and out of them I think Jones has the highest upside.

Miramanov, on the other hand, looks like a better Hague than Hague to me. Big, can skate better, makes good decisions with the puck. Marushev may not make an NHL roster, who knows....his first game the played him for what seemed like a single shift and you never saw him again. Then after several games scratched, he was back in the lineup and meshing well with Dorofeyev. He's young, he needs to get interested in the defensive side of forwarding and he might have a chance.

As for Dorofeyev, I think if you don't see him on the big club in a couple years, it's because they still don't have room. Hayes I agree I don't see any buzz around him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad