Confirmed with Link: Mason appleton back! for a 2023 4th

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
We were defence heavy and to protect our forwards we needed Toby to waive so we could keep the D core together in the LV expansion draft. The trade to keep Toby is questionable but you never get there if Toby doesn’t waive his NMC. Anyways nice pickup by Chevy. Apples is easily worth a 4th. But his stock sure fell after a year in Seattle.

I think his stock fell in Seattle because he was very disappointed in getting traded from the Jets. It's good that his stock was way down, as we really got him for "next to nothing." When you think about it, we all know what he can do, when he plays inspired hockey, and he's had no big injuries, so we know what we're getting. I think we're getting a guy that's a great fast skater, and plays with a lot of heart and passion. I think he has a lot of upside, and the Jets must feel the same. This is a great trade for us, in my opinion.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Getting a RFA player who has shown he fits in well and can perform for this team for a 4th is certainly a good deal. Particularly with how little depth we have.

Shouldn't preclude us from selling Copp/Stastny either I would hope.

Reactions: Jetsfan79

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Good pick up. Appleton may be one of those players that had a certain chemistry with the Jets that makes him a better player than he really is on many teams.

Having said that, I don't want to sell him short. He may still develop into a pretty good 3rd liner

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Are you people really expecting the Jets to sell tomorrow? Doesn't sound like something Chevy/Chipman to do. Their history doesn't suggest that. I'll believe it when I see it. They're max cap in and 4 points out. They're going for it.

This is about reforming the Copp/Lowry/Appleton line and making the playoffs.
As much as everyone in the organization and fans like Appleton, they’d be foolish to believe Appleton is the missing piece that gets this team over the hump into the playoffs and on a long run. This team just doesn’t have the mojo.

Copp will go to the highest bidder. Stastny may stick around unless off is too good to pass up.

Reactions: surixon

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Better than some of the current players in the bottom 6, cheap and a RFA so not a rental, has chemistry and knows the team, and cheap to acquire. Not a bad move all in all IMO.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Better than some of the current players in the bottom 6, cheap and a RFA so not a rental, has chemistry and knows the team, and cheap to acquire. Not a bad move all in all IMO.
Good summary -- and always nice to see one of the original Wolves rejoin the pack. Next up: Brandon Tanev Essiymont.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
As much as everyone in the organization and fans like Appleton, they’d be foolish to believe Appleton is the missing piece that gets this team over the hump into the playoffs and on a long run. This team just doesn’t have the mojo.

Copp will go to the highest bidder. Stastny may stick around unless off is too good to pass up.
I don’t know how you know that Copp will go for sure. I’ve often wondered why the Jets haven’t gone after more draft picks in lost seasons.

Outside Coaching, I don’t understand why this team isn’t better. I don’t think anyone can quite figure it out. I think it’s possible the Jets still look at this team and think a Copp - Lowry - Appleton line is a pretty great 3rd line. Beats the heck out of many of the losers the have had on that line for the majority of the year :Vesalainen, Pagnoski, Toninado, Reichel, BARF!

I also think Chipman is going to want to try recoup some of his money he wasted on this team.

I really don’t think Copp will go to the highest bidder. I think Chevy has to get what he wants in order to move Copp.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
In summary , the net loss to the Kraken in the expansion draft
Was
A 4th round draft pick
B services of Appleton for 3/4 season

Not a bad loss in the expansion draft considering some posters of the board wanted to let DeMelo or Stanley go or even Copp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweech and Jet

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Apples files for arb:

illegalcurve.com

Winnipeg Jets forward Mason Appleton files for salary arbitration | Illegal Curve Hockey

Lone Jets player to file is the Wisconsin product.
illegalcurve.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad