TV: Marvel announces Inhumans TV series(ABC)

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Worried a little with what I read yesterday. The director is quoted as saying he figures he was hired for the first two episodes because of his background in cheap/low budget movies. They wanted this done fast and as really cheap and I hope that does not show as much as I feel it will.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Medusa's head gets shaved!! :eek: Assuming it's Maximus' idea, I can definitely appreaciate the evilness of it but she seems to handle herself shaved.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The thing is that if her hair is cut without her consent...something happens with regards to said cut hair.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Will you wait until September 29th on tv or is anyone going this Saturday to see it in IMAX?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Seems the first two episodes that are airing in IMAX theaters are not getting positive reviews. I've only watched a bit of John Campea's review but the only good thing seesm to be both the character of Black Bolt and his actor Anson Mount.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Oh man, early reviews in and this may be even worse than Iron Fist.

From the ones I read a lot of the bad is due to the cheap way they did special affects but that the story has some good spots to it and does a good job of showing who the Inhuman royal family are etc.

I guess time will tell, I didn't see it on IMAX in the end but it is cheap tuesday and there is a showing again today at an IMAX not that far from me. If I don't have anything better to do I might go...but probably not.

Also looks like ABC/Disney/Marvel are doubling down on Marvel tv shows.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/jeph-loeb-insists-abc-is-still-the-mothership-for-mar-1799459937

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
What Marvel’s ‘Inhumans’ IMAX Performance Means for ABC Series

Speaking at the Television Critics Association press tour in August, ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey warned reporters that the premiere episode that had been made available for them to view was not a complete project. “I think that the episode that you guys have seen is still a bit of a work in progress,†Dungey said. “We are still a month away from final air, but I do feel like there’s great opportunity there as well.â€

ABC sources tell Variety that concerns over quality of “Inhumans†episodes — both the special effects of early cuts and the underpinning scripts — were a source of contention between ABC and Marvel. The IMAX box-office numbers will do little to reverse that narrative, and could dissuade future such hybrids strategies.

“The fact that they really didn’t do that well for IMAX doesn’t bode well for other networks copying this strategy and also whether the show will be successful,†said veteran media analyst Brad Adgate.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
This is getting absolutely ripped by critics that have seen it.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
tumblr_ox2el80pYL1w8vvh3o1_1280.jpg

Anyone watching this thing? Currently at 4% on RottenTomatoes. I'm going to try to get through it because it's in the MCU, but don't know if I could stomach 2 hours of it tonight. Maybe I'll DVR it and at least not have to waste more time with commercials...

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I’ll download it tomorrow and give it a real chance. I love the characters and really want this to succeed. Haven’t read any advance reviews but I am curious as to where this falls apart.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
I made it to about the half hour mark before stopping. It feels closer to something you'd see on the Syfy channel then something Marvel is involved with.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Okay, just got done with it. Two thoughts:

1. It drags on and on and on.
2. I kept asking myself " This is the show that's making me wait 2 months for Shield!?!".

The Inhumans stuff was my least favorite part of Agents of Shield (outside of the first season's slow crawl to the hydra twist) and it's even worse here. So many things are expected of you to quickly pick up and understand immediately. Can't fathom being someone who doesn't know what terrigenesis is being able to stand watching this show. And the people who do know what it is have to be dissapointed that this show exists instead of Marvel going all out with a film series like they originally intended.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Not the dumpster fire I was expecting but it is easily the low point of any MCU related TV show. Unless something really changes, the show gives the viewer no reason to have any connection for the Black Bolt and his family. If anything it makes Maximus look like a man of the people etc., trying to help out the lower casts. Obviously that's not the case as he has his own agenda but in the end it's a poor attempt.

This being said I did like Lockjaw for what little he was in the two first episodes.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I watched the first two episodes and it while it wasn't bad, it wasn't good either. They really have to make a similar jump in quality as AoS made in it's first season except in a shorter timeframe I guess. What was good: visuals, effects and audio. Anson Mount. Serinda Swan at times. Lockjaw. A couple good scenes mostly involving Black Bolt (him vaporizing his parents... :eek: ). What didn't didn't work: dialogue, some really pointless or stupid scenes like Gorgon walking into the ocean. Everyone's powers seem to nerfed way too much. Storytelling and pacing. Characters were hardly at all developed. Acting was bad at times (Crystal and Maximus). We'l lsee how this develops further along in to the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad