Marty!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
good, i don't have to listen to his assanine commmentary on FSN SoCal

Falloooooon

Nov 11, 2004
I have to say that when I opened up this thread, I did not expect to find this. I didn't see much of him even with Center Ice, just because I changed the channel during intermissions and the feed cuts out as soon as the game ends. I don't remember being blown away by the stupidity of anything I did hear him say.

I just hope he isn't supremely terrible. He can spout cliches and all that other stuff. But saying one thing happened on a play, then seeing the replay which shows something completely different, and sticking to the original story is forbidden. Don't be one of those guys, Marty.

Regardless of how he turns out, I am kind of proud of the Sharks for not doing the boring thing I assumed they would and bring in Jamie Baker from radio. No knock on Baker, but McSorley creates a little more intrigue for me.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Oh god, was he that bad?

No. Actually his analysis was usually dead on. And his delivery was pretty good considering it was his first year doing commentary.

When Jimmy Fox started doing color for Kings games (13 - 15 yrs ago?), he sucked for about 2 or 3 seasons before he was good enough to listen to w/o cringing (maybe I'm trying to spell crying).

Marty in year 1 was already better than Fox was after 4 or 5 seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad