Marty takes a shot at Lundqvist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Season hasn't started and HFNYR vs HFNJD is heating up.

This is going to be alot of fun.
Love it. :handclap: Had to come here to see the reaction.

Seriously someone please explain to me the fascination for the fat comments, besides a certain #16 saying it. The guy is the same height and weight as Mcdognah.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Seriously someone please explain to me the fascination for the fat comments, besides a certain #16 saying it. The guy is the same height and weight as Mcdognah.
On the moon maybe.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
It's just one of the most ridiculous fascinations in all of sports. Cracks me up every time.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
You'd do literally the exact same thing if you the roles were reversed. It's just fun

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Also we harp on the fat thing because we're not allowed to harp on the other thing (which is funner).

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

1344738865-19072010171920.jpg

ranweb9s-3-web.jpg

Last edited:

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

This is different. This is a Devils player throwing a colleague under the bus. Very unprofessional on Marty's part.

Very unprofessional indeed.

Things we know about Marty:

He's fat.
He expects players to come up to him and start a conversation.
He talks ****
He throws his colleague's under the bus
He ------ --- ------ ------

You stay classy, fatty.

obese.jpg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Very unprofessional indeed.

Things we know about Marty:

He's fat.
He expects players to come up to him and start a conversation.
He talks ****
He throws his colleague's under the bus
He ------ --- ------ ------

You stay classy, fatty.

obese.jpg

Is it bad if as a Devils fan, I actually LOL'd at this picture a little bit? The fact that Marty is laughing makes it even funnier. :laugh:

Didn't mean to seem like I was invading the board. I haven't posted here in a while, and you guys are pretty cool to me when I visit.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Well Lundqvist's chest-protector is way too big.

I think all goalies have big chest protectors in the NHL. That's something I wish they would reduce. Almost all goalies play the butterfly and have the Michelin Man chest protector takes away from the top of thr net. Easy way to increase scoring.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
It should be because that deserves to be harped at. :laugh:

I'd put money on it that if Hank wasn't a Ranger, he wouldn't be called Lundpads. Conversely, I don't think Rangers fans would make fun of Brodeur's weight if he didn't play for the Devils. They're just little jabs to take at the important players for each fanbase.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Some goalies have extra padding on their pads, some have it around their waists. Potato, potahto.

"I won't name names, but it starts with an L and rhymes with Lundqvist... er, wait."

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Is it bad if as a Devils fan, I actually LOL'd at this picture a little bit? The fact that Marty is laughing makes it even funnier. :laugh:

Didn't mean to seem like I was invading the board. I haven't posted here in a while, and you guys are pretty cool to me when I visit.

If you can't laugh at a good gif, then what's this world come to? ;):handclap:

Yeahhh that's what I'm thinking... How exactly are we sure this is about Hank?

Who else would he be talking about? You can't be serious now...

Marty's not going to make a statement like that about a back-up goalie. Or, a goalie that's mediocre. C'mon...

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
As a 55 year old I can understand Marty's problems controlling his weight. He's been a helluva goalie for a long time. Should be a first ballot HOF'er. Even so--he's in hockey terms a very old man now and in danger of becoming a caricature of what he was--the same happened to Messier by the way and Jagr is another one. Former superstars not knowing when to hang up the skates. Maybe he has the same height and weight as McDonagh but he's nowhere near Ryan's conditioning. I wouldn't even attempt to go down that road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad